GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recall 18V329000 (GTI 2011-2013)

chris28house

Ready to race!
Has anyone found out more information about this upcoming recall? I see it includes GTI's 2011-2013. I plugged my VIN in, but it said there weren't any recall's available. Maybe that's just because the recall hasn't actually began?

https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owner...ria.model=GTI&searchCriteria.prod_ids=1416775

SUMMARY:
Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. (Volkswagen) is recalling certain 2012-2016 Eos, 2012 Passat, 2012-2016 CC, 2015 e-Golf, 2011-2015 Touareg, 2012-2015 Tiguan, and 2011-2016 Golf and 2011-2013 GTI vehicles. Modifications made while the vehicles were in an internal evaluation period may cause the affected vehicles to not comply with all of the applicable regulatory requirements.
CONSEQUENCE:
If the vehicles do not meet all regulatory requirements, there could be an increased risk of a crash, fire, or injury.
REMEDY:
Volkswagen will notify owners, and dealers will repair the vehicles to make them fully compliant or Volkswagen will repurchase them if necessary, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin July 13, 2018. Owners may contact Volkswagen customer service at 1-800-893-5298.
NOTES:
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.

Crusader10143

Passed Driver's Ed
Plugged my VIN in too and said I had 0 recalls as well. Hope to hear more on this

MTBFL1

Ready to race!
Following

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
they probably wont release the vins until the 13th as that's the start of the recall.

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
Interesting, I'd sure like to know what is up with this. Safety or emissions? Waiting & watching......

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
Im not eligible....just really curious what the heck this is for. Can't find any info online and the description is really vague but it sounds like a potentially serious issue.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Interesting, I'd sure like to know what is up with this. Safety or emissions? Waiting & watching......

Im not eligible....just really curious what the heck this is for. Can't find any info online and the description is really vague but it sounds like a potentially serious issue.

"If the vehicles do not meet all regulatory requirements, there could be an increased risk of a crash, fire, or injury."

This statement makes me think its more than just emissions and rather serious, but it is quite vague.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Potential Number of Units Affected:

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
Damn im really curious what it is, that's such a low number. I wonder if they messed up doing the Takata airbag recall on a handful of vehicles

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Damn im really curious what it is, that's such a low number. I wonder if they messed up doing the Takata airbag recall on a handful of vehicles
i didnt know we were effected by the airbag thing. I have never gotten/had a recall on my vehicle.

Nate99206

https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owner...ria.model=GTI&searchCriteria.prod_ids=1289773

Best I could find?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk