GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Coil Packs? ECS Tuning

fredf

Go Kart Champion
I believe the 2nd one, the 'F' revision is the latest. The 'E' (the red one) is usable but I would go for the 2nd or 'F'.

Uberryan

Banned
Why not go to the dealer and have them replace at their cost?

GTIVI2011

Passed Driver's Ed
Because my local VW dealer is crap. I went for a service and asked them to take a look at my trunk becuase it was not shutting correctly and they said it was becuase I had tinted tail lights. They didn't even look at it... They also said that it could also be not shutting properly becuase I have a after market rear bumper... except my rear bumper is completely stock. So basically I try to stay away from them and when its not too expensive I like to do it myself.

ohsnapzombies

Ready to race!
I don't blame you! But perhaps there's another dealer you can go to in order to get warranty service? It stinks to pay out of pocket for items you should be getting for free.

This. One of mine went out 2 weeks ago. Dealer replaced for free.

CandyMan11

Ready to race!
It will take you 5 min to do it yourself but if its under warranty I would take it to the dealer

McQueen77

Banned
I don't blame you! But perhaps there's another dealer you can go to in order to get warranty service? It stinks to pay out of pocket for items you should be getting for free.

1. i would press the dealer since it is a warranty issue, plain and simple. tell them you are filing a claim with vwna and theyll do it.

2. ECS is overrated and they charge insane amounts for shipping. buy them at the dealer. give the knucklehead in the parts dept. your VIN and he'll get you the right coils.

riolo121

Ready to race!
My coils went bad and purchased them from the dealer $24 each. There very easy to do yourself. Under the plastic cover you just unclip the back of them ,pull it out slide the new one in and clip it back in and thats it.

fredf

Go Kart Champion
To unclip the electrical harness from the coil pack: is that a straight pull or a twist or is there a tab to unclip?

Last edited: