GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Cool Story Bro Thread

FF_animal

Ready to race!
Just at a red light on a 2 lane road that merges to a one lane road right after the light (these road configurations just ask for trouble). Late Sunday night so no ones on the road around me. Looking in my rear view mirror and I see this brand new black civic come flying around a corner pretty quick and comes to a screeching halt in the lane next to me. The light for traffic going across turns yellow and he floors it. I follow suit and I blow his doors off to the next red light about half a mile up. I stop for the red light (now on a one lane road) and he goes around me and blows it. I guess that was his version of a ricer fly by. I wait a few seconds for the light to turn green, catch him and pass him like he's standing still. Stupid hondas

Vtec hadn't kicked in yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
Got my first opportunity against a Focus RS.
Did two runs, first one was him behind me, we took off from the light, I waited until about 5-10 to punch it so I didn't have to drop my clutch.
Long story short, 1st-2nd he held on me about 2 ft back, 3rd I started to pull to about 1-2 cars, 4th I really started spacing it and brought it to 4-5 cars, and I got into 5th and kept pulling before he flashed me and slowed down.
Once he caught up we talked for a min, he has intake and exhaust, no tune, he didn't have time to talk since he was running behind, but he asked for another quick pull, from 20, both of us in 2nd gear. Results were a little closer. End of 2nd I was able to get a fender, halfway into 3rd he pulled even, going into 4th I started to pull again and by the time I was going into 5th I was starting to pull away pretty good and I shut it down.
He complemented my car and how quick it was numerous times. For the Low output 91 oct K04 file, I feel pretty okay with how it turned out. I would definitely like to try again after I get valve springs, that should make a bit of a difference :)

CSB

fast2ghl

Ready to race!
Got my first opportunity against a Focus RS.
Did two runs, first one was him behind me, we took off from the light, I waited until about 5-10 to punch it so I didn't have to drop my clutch.
Long story short, 1st-2nd he held on me about 2 ft back, 3rd I started to pull to about 1-2 cars, 4th I really started spacing it and brought it to 4-5 cars, and I got into 5th and kept pulling before he flashed me and slowed down.
Once he caught up we talked for a min, he has intake and exhaust, no tune, he didn't have time to talk since he was running behind, but he asked for another quick pull, from 20, both of us in 2nd gear. Results were a little closer. End of 2nd I was able to get a fender, halfway into 3rd he pulled even, going into 4th I started to pull again and by the time I was going into 5th I was starting to pull away pretty good and I shut it down.
He complemented my car and how quick it was numerous times. For the Low output 91 oct K04 file, I feel pretty okay with how it turned out. I would definitely like to try again after I get valve springs, that should make a bit of a difference :)

CSB

First off..... CSB. CSB.

Second; if their gearing is anything like the ST's by the time they hit 4th they will die.... hard.... 4th and up on the ST is stupid tall.

Yes running a higher output k04 file like 93/94 or that plus meth will ensure a no contest slaughter in your favor.

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
First off..... CSB. CSB.

Second; if their gearing is anything like the ST's by the time they hit 4th they will die.... hard.... 4th and up on the ST is stupid tall.

Yes running a higher output k04 file like 93/94 or that plus meth will ensure a no contest slaughter in your favor.

That sounds about right, the ST I ran (when I was stage 2, pre v2) should have whooped my ass based on the tuning he had, but we ran starting in 3rd, so as soon as I hit 4th it was like he stopped, but he definitely did not stop.

The RS seemed to be similar, it was almost like he let off when he hit 4th, but from his comments after that didn't seem to be the case.

I'm definitely stoked to get the HO file...I really need to work on that...

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
RS is a hell of a lot faster than any St I've run

The RS looks way better imo. Just the paint options alone are fantastic

They are fast no question. I'd be willing to bet a lot of k04 cars would be dead even

They are quick, but definitely not that fast. Just posted above about it, but my low output K04 beat a stock (intake/exhaust, no tune) RS. If I was HO, it wouldn't have been close.

Raced a Charger R/T from a light, had about half a car length on him the whole time to 100. I was surprised he didn't catch up at about 80 or so. I think I would have widened the gap if I didn't have two passengers and he had just himself.

After I beat him he actually got mad and tried to follow me home which I was not having lmao.

That's kind of surprising to me, but I guess it depends what year/gen R/T. I've run numerous 1st Gen R/T's, and never had any issues when I was stage 2 (APR).

Damn I forgot an awesome experience I had recently until now!

Couple weeks ago I got on the freeway a few cars behind a Ferrari F355 GTS (375hp, 276lb-ft, 2976lbs, saved you from needing to find specs :thumbsup:)

I was trying to catch up, but he was really moving through cars and I kept getting shit on. Finally, about 20 miles up the highway, I'm coming up to the top of a hill where the highway connects to the freeway and a bunch of cars dump off, and sure enough there he is, going straight, while everyone else is leaving it wide open.
I am a few car lengths behind him, matching his speed, he sees me in the rear view, little puff of smoke and he's going. I jump it, get into the next lane over and I'm starting to pass him, albeit pretty slow. He looks up in his rear view now, doesn't see me, looks over to his passenger side window and makes eye contact as I'm passing him, and his face is like :eek: :laugh:

Little bit up the road the highway ends, and he catches up next to me at the light, gives me a thumbs up and says "Holy hell, that thing is fast!".
Complemented each others cars for a minute and then went about our ways.

I was pretty stoked about that, I thought for sure even being an older model that it would still roll on me.

I looked up dyno figures, and I see anything from 275-296whp, so I think that my results aren't too far fetched, especially since it's a 20 year old car.

Anyways, CSB. Next up, Bugatti Veyron.

MK6NGT

Ready to race!
I was genuinely surprised last night. 2012ish mustang gt came up, super loud, I was on the phone with my girl and she heard his car. She asked me "what the f is that noise" I replied "a mustang". I always race newer gt's and assume I'll lose, this one had big rear tires and skinny fronts, so I assumed it would be a joke to race him, that he would destroy me. I saw him take off once and thought it didn't look very fast.

I decided to give it a go. We both went after we gave each other a nod, I took him by a car length in just fourth gear. I laughed so hard out loud, my girl asked if I won and I told her yes...she laughed. Ended up racing again and gave him the hit, he stayed a half a length ahead of me until closer to 100mph and I started inching.

Point is, I was very surprised. The gt was super loud with big tires, but wasn't very fast. From a dig I'd probably take him I assume, my traction is epic right now.

The other week I lost to a 2015, it was also loud but it makes more sense, those things are fast.

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
I was genuinely surprised last night. 2012ish mustang gt came up, super loud, I was on the phone with my girl and she heard his car. She asked me "what the f is that noise" I replied "a mustang". I always race newer gt's and assume I'll lose, this one had big rear tires and skinny fronts, so I assumed it would be a joke to race him, that he would destroy me. I saw him take off once and thought it didn't look very fast.

I decided to give it a go. We both went after we gave each other a nod, I took him by a car length in just fourth gear. I laughed so hard out loud, my girl asked if I won and I told her yes...she laughed. Ended up racing again and gave him the hit, he stayed a half a length ahead of me until closer to 100mph and I started inching.

Point is, I was very surprised. The gt was super loud with big tires, but wasn't very fast. From a dig I'd probably take him I assume, my traction is epic right now.

The other week I lost to a 2015, it was also loud but it makes more sense, those things are fast.

Nice kill! yeah the 4.6's really arent too fast. They need full bolts to be semi quick and boost to be real quick. My roommate has a 2010/11 GT... although ive never ran him before. I have ran a '97 cobra before though. He had a test pipe and cat-back, no tune and I was able to pull on him in 4th when I was stage 1.

Roctre

Ready to race!

Thats odd that you beat a older coyote mustang since they are faster in a straight line than the new s550 mustangs due to weight.

FF_animal

Ready to race!
Ford pinto on the morning commute. After market wheels wrapped in nittos with a huge freakin tach mounted on the dash. Shift light and everything. Kept eyeballing me in his rear view behind him and he gave me a throttle kiss lol older guy with either a rolled cigarette or joint hanging out his mouth. Light turned green and he punched it and slammed it into 2nd and just fell flat on its face lol I cruised by in D mode and heard it screaming. To early for that shit.

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
Just had the closest race to date since going K04.
Came across a red Q50, looked pretty pedestrian, fish bowl, but the guy was leaned back, one handed driving, music blaring, so I thought maybe he'd fall for some bait and be an easy kill.
I was "slowly" passing him, doing about 70 in 4th, and he guns it. I get on it, and to my surprise, I end up with my nose at the back of his passenger door and go no where, but by the end of 4th we had to shut it down.
Get up around the traffic and then we have nothing but a long straight couple miles of no traffic. He's behind me, I get past the last car and get over, this time in 3rd at 60. As soon as I get over he guns it, so I followed suit. 3rd and 4th were dead even, once I hit 5th I started pulling, and by mid 5th he was at my rear bumper with me still pulling, and I shut it down.
I didn't get a wave, or a nod, or anything, he just kept on it and didn't slow down until he was about 1/4 mile away from me.

Then I looked it up, because I was thinking fuck, I should have smoked a Q50...but no, apparently they make a Q50 Red Sport 400, which is a turbocharged V6 with 400hp, and can do the 1/4 in the high 12's at 109-113.
100% need to get my valve springs done now, I need that extra power in my life Q.Q

Edit: I looked on their forums for some more info, they look to dyno about 375whp/351wtq. Based on their weight, and me likely being in the 300whp area (low output 91 file), sounds about right. I should be on the dyno the 2nd of September with my local group, so I'll find out what the LO file makes then :)

Last edited:

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
Just had the closest race to date since going K04.
Came across a red Q50, looked pretty pedestrian, fish bowl, but the guy was leaned back, one handed driving, music blaring, so I thought maybe he'd fall for some bait and be an easy kill.
I was "slowly" passing him, doing about 70 in 4th, and he guns it. I get on it, and to my surprise, I end up with my nose at the back of his passenger door and go no where, but by the end of 4th we had to shut it down.
Get up around the traffic and then we have nothing but a long straight couple miles of no traffic. He's behind me, I get past the last car and get over, this time in 3rd at 60. As soon as I get over he guns it, so I followed suit. 3rd and 4th were dead even, once I hit 5th I started pulling, and by mid 5th he was at my rear bumper with me still pulling, and I shut it down.
I didn't get a wave, or a nod, or anything, he just kept on it and didn't slow down until he was about 1/4 mile away from me.

Then I looked it up, because I was thinking fuck, I should have smoked a Q50...but no, apparently they make a Q50 Red Sport 400, which is a turbocharged V6 with 400hp, and can do the 1/4 in the high 12's at 109-113.
100% need to get my valve springs done now, I need that extra power in my life Q.Q

Edit: I looked on their forums for some more info, they look to dyno about 375whp/351wtq. Based on their weight, and me likely being in the 300whp area (low output 91 file), sounds about right. I should be on the dyno the 2nd of September with my local group, so I'll find out what the LO file makes then :)

Was it the Q50 Red Sport? I guess it had to be cause the 2.0t only makes about 200hp and the 3.0t (trim below the red sport) makes 300hp and weighs 3,700 lbs.

BTW thats a $48,000 car right there... probably a bit more

FF_animal

Ready to race!
Guy in a wrx tonight. I was rolling at 20 after just flipping a u turn when he spotted me and lined up on a roll. I was rolling in sport mode waiting for him to take the hit when I heard him go full throttle. Went flat and put a good gap on him. Was a cool dude threw me a thumbs up and I asked for another run. Went again from a 20 roll and same results. Chatted at the next light about mods. Always enjoy some comp who don't act like douche bags after.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Guy in a wrx tonight. I was rolling at 20 after just flipping a u turn when he spotted me and lined up on a roll. I was rolling in sport mode waiting for him to take the hit when I heard him go full throttle. Went flat and put a good gap on him. Was a cool dude threw me a thumbs up and I asked for another run. Went again from a 20 roll and same results. Chatted at the next light about mods. Always enjoy some comp who don't act like douche bags after.

This is the best. True car guys. Whether I win or lose, always love to chat.

FF_animal

Ready to race!
This is the best. True car guys. Whether I win or lose, always love to chat.

Same here it's all in good fun. The wrx was the 2006 model I believe. Said he just had a catback and blow off valve. No down pipe. I thought from a low speed roll and the amount of wheel spin I had he would have inched a bit in the beginning but no.

Tony48

Go Kart Champion
This thread is entertaining to read through so I figured I'd add my small contribution.

An hour ago when I was running an errand to the bank a dude in a Jeep Wrangler tried to get me to race. This guy had a 4 dr "Moab" Wrangler with all the Jeep bro things ie lifted, huge tires, big metal bumpers, LED light bar, winch, high lift, etc. He was driving really aggressively on a small (45mph speed limit) road in a decent amount of traffic. At a stop light he motioned for me to roll down my window and said "You think you're fast?" He proceeded to ask if I wanted to run later and put money on it :iono:. I politely declined. Wonder what he was smoking to think he could take me with his auto trans, 4,500lb+ 4x4. I wish I had been in Mexico so I could have made some easy money :D.

Oh, he had all the doors off his Jeep and I figured it was so he could be a Jeep bro and show off to everyone. Maybe it was for the weight reduction so he can win some sweet stoplight drag races.