GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY K04 Install Notes/Helpful Tips

Tony48

Go Kart Champion

Mk6 Steve

Ready to race!
That’s right I canceled my order with them lol! Sorry about that! I called every VW dealership in Nj and low and behold Reydel VW of Edison had 1 in stock. I would have paid anything they asked for it! You may also have luck at an Audi dealership. Not only give them the part number but also the washer dimensions. Good luck ����

Tony48

Go Kart Champion
That’s right I canceled my order with them lol! Sorry about that! I called every VW dealership in Nj and low and behold Reydel VW of Edison had 1 in stock. I would have paid anything they asked for it! You may also have luck at an Audi dealership. Not only give them the part number but also the washer dimensions. Good luck ����
Unfortunately I had no luck calling around to VW & Audi dealerships. They told me the closest dealer with stock is in PA and there isn't any replacement part with the same dimensions.

Luckily I got in contact with Jeff at HS Tuning and he had some old stock specifically for K04 installs. He threw a pair of washers in an envelope and they're on the way to my house. That guy really saved my butt. Looks like I'll be placing all my future parts orders through HS Tuning :thumbsup:

Last edited:

alphadelta121

I'm having the same problem, can't find N0138144 no matter where I look, its the last part I need to start the install. Does anyone know where to get one? The size is M14x18x2.5

Grabbit

Go Kart Champion
What is the preferred choice for off-the-shelf tunes these days? I've been searching on here a lot recently and there are a lot of older threads/post that have me wondering. Seems like there is a lot to choose from. APR, UNI, REVO, GIAC, IE.... Might even be missing one...

jhstl

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm having the same problem, can't find N0138144 no matter where I look, its the last part I need to start the install. Does anyone know where to get one? The size is M14x18x2.5

You can call up APR and have them send you one. That's what I did along with their silicone elbow since I didn't want to use the CTS turbo elbow that has an ugly unused nub hanging off of it.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
You can call up APR and have them send you one. That's what I did along with their silicone elbow since I didn't want to use the CTS turbo elbow that has an ugly unused nub hanging off of it.

McMaster-Carr has something that might work. They have everything. I notice their M14 copper washer seems to be correct thickness but inner ID is 15, you may have to just drill it out to 18 which takes a few seconds. Anyway, these guys normally have their stuff in stock. LINK

vdubnick

Drag Racing Champion
stacked/thick coolant washer is what got me (overlooked, and chased the coolant leak before startup... just stacked 3 OE washers).... everything else was straight forward