GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSG Not Shifting Out of First.

Vengeance

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello All,

Lately, I have been experiencing an issue where after I start the car, back out of a parking space and then put the car in drive the DSG will not shift out of 1st gear. Doesn't matter if I put the car in S, D, M. It just stays in first gear. I am not getting any warning lights on the dash (Other than what is already on, yay VW electronics). If I then turn the car off and back on again, it is fine from that point on.

After doing some searching I am no closer to knowing what the culprit is. Thanks for any suggestions.

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
Have you tried scanning for codes? Preferably something that will read the TCM module like VCDS or OBDeleven. Wonder if something wrong with mechatronic or clutchpacks

Uberryan

Banned
Sounds like a failing mech unit. Clutchpacks might be damaged as well. Any other odd symptoms? Maybe lurching, or loud clunking noises, hard downshifts or upshifts?

Vengeance

Passed Driver's Ed
Sounds like a failing mech unit. Clutchpacks might be damaged as well. Any other odd symptoms? Maybe lurching, or loud clunking noises, hard downshifts or upshifts?

Nothing out of the ordinary as far as I can tell. No lurching, clunking noises or super hard shifts. It just started out of the blue. Is there a way I can check on the mech unit?

aproda7

Hello All,

Lately, I have been experiencing an issue where after I start the car, back out of a parking space and then put the car in drive the DSG will not shift out of 1st gear. Doesn't matter if I put the car in S, D, M. It just stays in first gear. I am not getting any warning lights on the dash (Other than what is already on, yay VW electronics). If I then turn the car off and back on again, it is fine from that point on.

After doing some searching I am no closer to knowing what the culprit is. Thanks for any suggestions.

Hello. I had the same problem as you. When it happened to my golf it was valve nr2 problem and i thoght my TCU failed. When i checked at a Transmition Servise they suggested me to have a clutch replacement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vengeance

Passed Driver's Ed
UPDATE: I pulled the connector to the trans apart and found some corrosion on the pins. Cleaned it up and it seems to be much better now. If it comes back I will update this thread with what I do.