GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

WTB Catback Exhaust

Horigan

Passed Driver's Ed
Looking to buy a Catback Exhaust for a MK6 GTi in the next couple weeks. Not looking to spend more than $450-500 shipped. Interested in AWE or SPM if you’ve got them. Avoiding Beluga as I’ve already owned one and wasn’t a fan.

Last edited:

torga

Autocross Champion
How is Beluga garbage? I own one and have not had any issues at all.

Horigan

Passed Driver's Ed
How is Beluga garbage? I own one and have not had any issues at all.

They claimed the exhaust to be made out of stainless yet it started rusting through within weeks of ownership. Also wasn’t a fan of the fit and finish and the sound.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
I have a milltek nonresonated catback, could meet in Indiana. it's in great shape and sounds fantastic. No drone, quite quiet, great growl under heavier throttle. Would be looking for 500. PM if interested.

ce4

Ready to race!
They claimed the exhaust to be made out of stainless yet it started rusting through within weeks of ownership. Also wasn’t a fan of the fit and finish and the sound.

Just recently noticed that my tips are starting to form some surface rust after about 3 weeks. Not sure of their stainless steel that was used but will probably be giving them a call soon about this.

torga

Autocross Champion
Huh, I'll have to keep an eye on mine, then. I installed it 4-5 weeks ago and everything still looks tip top for now.
Stainless welds can rust slightly if the welder didn't pay extra attention to cleaning the weld rods of any grinder dust. Or if they weld too slow or too hot. But if it's true stainless, it shouldn't be rusting on a clean section.
Thanks for the heads up guys - I'll be keeping an eye on my exhaust.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
started rusting through within weeks of ownership
Ummm, sure.
Even aluminized steel, which the Beluga isn't, wouldn't "rust through" after a full salty winter.

Surface rust can/will happen on low grade stainless though, like on the Magnaflow.