GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Talk me out of a 2012 STI sedan...

P

plac

I think HP will stay mid 450ish but FI means TQ will go from 300 to 450, off the hook. Each M3 marked an extraordinary leap in technology.

i wont ever be able to buy an M3. its quite depressing.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
base, I don't want a 50lb glass over my head. and embarrassing to admit I don't use stereo much. I just drive and listen to the motor. I'm a wannabe audiophile with a musical tube system at home. Cars with all that plastic and glass is acoustically challenged to produce good staging. I listen to music on the train/bus or podcasts with a set of Grado cans.

then you will have no issues with it then :w00t:

I think HP will stay mid 450ish but FI means TQ will go from 300 to 450, off the hook. Each M3 marked an extraordinary leap in technology.

hell yeah, that will be great.

i cant buy anything someone has sat in for years. too OCD.

you're one of those - but hey, we need you to buy the new cars!! ;) I'm all good with buying used sportscars, saves thousands, if not tens of thousands.... My 911 was $42K ish when I bought it, list price was $88K.... my 335xi was $35K when I bought it, list price was $58K... holla to the savings.

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
Smart choice. I can't wait for the day I'm out of this car, though I'll probably end up dropping several more grand into it before I'm out :(

This is the strangest post I've seen in a while. If you don't like your car, I have 2 questions:

Why don't you sell it?
Why would you sink several grand into it if you don't like it?

Confused.... :iono:

DrGonzo

Ready to race!
Off topic, So I did a little search and it seems that with stg1/2 software, 6MT clutch begins to slip. DSG seems to be handle increased HP/TQ better than 6MT? Am I on the right track?
Perhaps off topic, but since my manual GTI was totalled I am going to replace it with dsg. I enjoyed the manual but the clutch just never felt right - hard to find the sweet spot in first or second, loooooooooong pedal travel, hard to shift when cold. And the dsg is well-documented to accelerate faster. FWIW my girlfriend's mini has a much better manual transmission imo. But her interior is a million times worse. I digress...

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Saw a 2012 STI Sedan parked next to me at the apartment. It was dark grey and honestly, I loved it. Pure sex. I would get one and swap the trunk!

Gas mileage FTL though. :thumbdown: