2 Door Candy White
DSG
Autobahn
Bi Xenon
18" Detroit Rims
Navigation

zee

Go Kart Champion
my dealer will have only one " launch car "...BUT I'm the first one on the list and the dealer has ordered exactly the GTi I want...a 4 doors, white, with sunroof, without leather and without NAV because I will keep my Pioneer Screen...

can't wait

From what I have understood(but I be wrong), VWoC is not offering pre-spec'd launch cars to Canadians like VWoA. First cars to arrive in Canada will be customized ordered cars by Dealers...some of which might arrive sold already, like yours and mine.

Last edited:

sabex

I placed my order a few days back...
4dr Candy White
DSG
Sunroof
bi-xenon
dynaudio
18" wheel all season
Navigation

just curious: Should I get some sort of order confirmation number or similar?
The dealer was stupid busy with 'cash for clunkers' and am worried he 'forgets'...

Yes, your dealer should be able to give you a commission number which means that your vehicle order has been accepted by the system. Mine is 872982 which (hopefully) translates to a 2 door, Candy White manual GTI with Bi-Xenons, sunroof, the forced crappy bluetooth (9W2) and Dynaudio stereo upgrade. GTI's (U.S. models) come standard with heated seats and washer nozzles, so one less thing to order. When it gets here? Hell - who knows. Late October, Early November is the best guesstimate anyone has now.

sabex

Yes, your dealer should be able to give you a commission number which means that your vehicle order has been accepted by the system. Mine is 872982 which (hopefully) translates to a 2 door, Candy White manual GTI with Bi-Xenons, sunroof, the forced crappy bluetooth (9W2) and Dynaudio stereo upgrade. GTI's (U.S. models) come standard with heated seats and washer nozzles, so one less thing to order. When it gets here? Hell - who knows. Late October, Early November is the best guesstimate anyone has now.

Thanks - sounds like I need to do some follow up work - or find a better dealer.

I did not get a commission number. I am getting a bit worried that my car was never ordered.

ehh, before you push the panic button, I'd contact the dealer first and ask what's up. They have been able to put an order into the system for weeks now but until they get allocation spots to fill the order blanks, then it's just going to sit there. See my example below:

Order Configuration

Model Year: 2010
Model: 5K19Y2 GTI 2-DR 2.0T MAN PZEV $NA
Exterior Color: B4B4 CANDY WHITE $NA
Interior Color: XE JACKY ( CLOTH ) $NA
Options: 3FE POWER SUNROOF $NA
9VE PREMIUM SOUND SYSTEM $NA
9W2 BLUETOOTH LOW $NA
P71 NAVIGATION $NA
P83 XENON HEADLAMP PACKAGE $NA
DESTINATION CHARGE $NA
EXCISE WEIGHT TAX $NA
EMISSION FEE $NA

-----------------------------------------------------

Estimated Total MSRP $NA

Comm num - 872992
VIN -
Status - I.S. Order Bank

The bottom line shows I.S. Order Bank which is exactly what it sounds like - a bank of orders placed by that dealership (TurboPaul in my case) and is just sitting in their "bank" waiting for allocation to open up. Once they're given allocation slots, mine will go into production status, intransit, etc.

Hope that helps.