GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Member Car Journals

Old 03-27-2011, 09:16 AM   #15
Hilfloskind
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: 2011 GTI CSG 4d/6s
I didn't do the initial sub install. At first, I had it done by a local audio shop. They used a standard box and only a few months later did I stumble upon the uber stealth products.
Grambles' Unicorn Gym Theory
My Build Thread
Hilfloskind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 09:30 PM   #16
RAYZGTI
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2010 gti
Talking nice

Lovn your sub BTW I actually have a JL audio 15" in mine it pounds !!!(PIC INCLUDED) love the upgrade but hate the lack of space it created installing it nice idea I might have to figure out a way to do my 15" like that! good job bro.looks good
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gti r 034.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	398.3 KB
ID:	8253  
RAYZGTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 09:44 PM   #17
GTI_likeurmom
GolfMK6 Elite

Drives: Veyron 16.4
nice audio setup.
I cut the tether off. When I get to the pump, I remove the cap and chuck it into the nearest bush, patch of trees, or some sort of wet lands. I pump gas. Then I spend anywhere from 5 to 165 minutes retrieving the cap. I screw it back on and drive away. I'm not letting it dangle against the paint and I don't know any better way.
GTI_likeurmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 07:47 AM   #18
Hilfloskind
Formula 3000 Champion

It's gonna be a huge end of the month for my car. I've ordered the Ultimate Racing non-resonated, metal cat down pipe and about to order Koni coilovers (might also grab a RSB, too). We did a photoshoot about two weeks ago as well so lots of pics incoming.
My Build Thread
Old 04-18-2011, 09:40 AM   #19
mikeh6
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2012 Golf R
nice
mikeh6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 02:49 PM   #20
Hilfloskind
Formula 3000 Champion

Some new pics from a recent photo shoot done by two friends of mine...they did a damn good job on these pics IMHO. There are tons more but they are just now starting to finish editing work on the set...

My Build Thread

Last edited by Hilfloskind; 04-22-2011 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Duplicate image deletion
Old 04-29-2011, 08:53 AM   #21
Hilfloskind
Formula 3000 Champion

Sitting at the shop getting the down pipe and coils installed!
My Build Thread
Old 04-29-2011, 06:01 PM   #22
Hilfloskind
Formula 3000 Champion

OK, UR downpipe installed. Some comments on the downpipe: the connector for the stock hangers sits too high/too far toward the front and does not fit properly. The tech was like MacGuyver and used a matched nut to fill the gap between the stock hanger and the piece which comes off the bottom of the pipe to connect to it. Also, the gasket connecting the midpipe to the slip fit adapter is not properly fitted and may end up allowing some leakage at the connecting bolts...again, MacGuyver made it work but it still may leak a bit, sadly.

Otherwise, the downpipe sounds utterly amazing. It really wakes up the magnaflow catback with a sick, raspy snarl and much more dB. It was exactly what I was hoping for in terms of sound and power gains. Felt tires lose traction and saw the traction control flashing in third gear, a first for me.

Now the coils...

I ended up going a bit lower than originally planned and currently have a very snug one finger gap in front, almost less than a finger. In the back, I have a little over one finger, more like a loose one finger gap. No FTG measurements yet. I expect it to settle about 5mm more and MAY raise it back to an even one finger all around right before having it aligned in a month. No rubbing with this drop although it was dropped a smidge further initially and DID rub at one point during a slow, full lock left turn in a parking lot while testing everything. Had them raise it back to where it is now and there is no rubbing any longer.

The ride quality, well, is honestly even better and more comfortable than stock. It is a dream, to say the least. I have the dampening at full soft, as it comes from the factory, and would dare not stiffen this up. For me, my wife and my three kids, this is absolutely perfect. It really does firm up the ride in terms of cornering and keeping the ride level front to back in hard braking and quick accelerating off a stop.

My car went in as a nice GTI and came out a barely controlled and sexy beast.

Pics for fapping:

My Build Thread
Old 05-23-2011, 03:45 PM   #23
Hilfloskind
Formula 3000 Champion

Just got back from SoWo with a clearer idea of what comes next for my ride...

Cherry red R tails (no fog)
OEM or OSIR lip spoiler
Euro plate (yeah, yeah)
RML Snowflakes or AG M310 (mach/matte black) wheels

The wheels are a harder decision but I'm leaning toward the M310s. The Snowflakes are nice and unique with a retro feel but they also don't quite look 100% correct on a MK6. Even though the forums are loaded with cars sporting AG/VMR, I've only seen them once locally on an A4 (which was the first I'd seen them at all and what made me like them so much).

I am waiting for color matched side markers from John@FTC5 to come in and I recently got xenon match fogs but besides being lowered on coils, my car looks pretty much OEM. I just realized during SoWo that I have barely done anything cosmetically to set my ride off and make it look less like a cookie cutter Mk6.
My Build Thread
Old 05-28-2011, 12:29 PM   #24
Hilfloskind
Formula 3000 Champion

Avant Garde M310s (18x8 squared) with machined face/black barrels and black BMW bolts/wheel locks coming soon!
My Build Thread

Last edited by Hilfloskind; 06-03-2011 at 09:20 AM.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:01 AM   #25
Hilfloskind
Formula 3000 Champion

Color matched side markers should arrive today. I've decided that cleaning up the front end is my main goal right now. Between the side markers, the Hoen xenon match fogs and a CSG lip spoiler, I should have this car looking clean and euro spec (somewhat). Therefore, I'm ordering a lip spoiler...like, today.

Also, the AG M310s should be coming soon...the last thing after that I can even think to do is R tails...
My Build Thread
Old 05-31-2011, 08:27 AM   #26
Hilfloskind
Formula 3000 Champion

UPDATE...as fast as I could get to my office desk, I got on the phone with Adam @ Checkered Flag VW in VA and ordered the last CSG lip spoiler still in stock for $270 with shipping included...he said it's shipping out today and takes about 2-3 days to arrive.

SWEET!

My Build Thread
Old 05-31-2011, 06:20 PM   #27
Hilfloskind
Formula 3000 Champion

Side markers came...coloring is damn near perfect, albeit just a touch lighter than the rest of the bumper. Install LITERALLY took less than 3 minutes total...it looks great and surprisingly changes the way the front end looks drastically. It's too damn hot out right now to start snapping pics but since my lip spoiler is on the way along with new wheels and fog bulbs, I'm just going to wait and do one photo session to capture the transformations.
My Build Thread
Old 05-31-2011, 07:56 PM   #28
john@FTC5
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2010 MK6 GTI
Send a message via AIM to john@FTC5 Send a message via Yahoo to john@FTC5
Good that u like it .
john@FTC5 is offline   Reply With Quote