GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Member Car Journals

Old 04-29-2011, 03:25 PM   #29
shawn lichtfuss
Touring Car Champion

Drives: 2011 MKVI gti

Got a call from my buddy at the vw dealer that my order was in, but it was only 1/2 my order the lip won't be in till monday I did get the bike rack put on regardless today & the pee pee fogs. I also found a universal fairing for the oem rack if anybody wants to use it on their oem rack here's the link:

http://www.orsracksdirect.com/inno-r...61-ina262.html
part#INA262
part#ISf717 (long bolt kit)
Old 04-29-2011, 06:51 PM   #30
dragonslayer33101
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2010 GTI CSG
looking nice already
Old 04-29-2011, 10:37 PM   #31
Schn3ll
Autocross Newbie

Drives: '11 UG GTI
My twin - in the same town! Apparently not big enough for the both of us, I am completely moved out of the area within 2 weeks!
Old 04-29-2011, 11:24 PM   #32
shawn lichtfuss
Touring Car Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schn3ll View Post
My twin - in the same town! Apparently not big enough for the both of us, I am completely moved out of the area within 2 weeks!
Always room for both of us I'm actually in the green lane area but I use allentown because it's the closest city to me & no one heard of my town. Are you moving to CA?
Old 04-30-2011, 11:25 AM   #33
Schn3ll
Autocross Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn lichtfuss View Post
Always room for both of us I'm actually in the green lane area but I use allentown because it's the closest city to me & no one heard of my town. Are you moving to CA?
Yep, slowly moving to socal. Currently in Macungie for about 2 more weeks.
Old 04-30-2011, 12:53 PM   #34
shawn lichtfuss
Touring Car Champion

Quote:
Yep, slowly moving to socal. Currently in Macungie for about 2 more weeks.
Very cool, I love socal I have a uncle that lives in Cardiff by the sea and we try to go out there as much as we can. Enjoy yourself!
Old 04-30-2011, 10:01 PM   #35
Schn3ll
Autocross Newbie

Thanks man! Btw, I noticed Gracie jiu-jitsu in your pic, do you practice in the area?
Old 04-30-2011, 11:17 PM   #36
shawn lichtfuss
Touring Car Champion

Quote:
Thanks man! Btw, I noticed Gracie jiu-jitsu in your pic, do you practice in the area?
Yes, I train at the Renzo gracie PA academy in hatfield,pa. We where Renzo's first satellite school outside of his nyc school. I started training there in 03'
Old 05-13-2011, 10:13 PM   #37
shawn lichtfuss
Touring Car Champion

Some parts are trickling in. I have the bbs ch wheels on already with the ecs euro locks & I already did some smaller mods. I have two more piles like this around the house much to my wife's displeasure. I'm gonna get it on the lift in a week & will start doing werke.
Old 05-13-2011, 10:16 PM   #38
dsm1983
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: ...
very nice. eager to see your wheel/brake combo
dsm1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 10:23 PM   #39
shawn lichtfuss
Touring Car Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsm1983 View Post
very nice. eager to see your wheel/brake combo
X2 I hope I can get the brembo's on without a spacer? There seems to be plenty of room even with a 355mm kit. I'm still waiting on the rear rotors. I just went with adam's rotors on the rear with hawk pads & ss lines. I have a few sets of spacers laying around just in case.

I really want to get it right with this suspension. I went with a full whiteline walk & bushing kit to compliment the sway bars. I also found some beefier front end links to go with the bsh rear end links. I may even go with new control arms unibrace & a z brace for auto x.
Old 05-14-2011, 10:57 AM   #40
GDOGGTI
Formula 3000 Driver

Drives: MK6 GTI TR 4-Door
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn lichtfuss View Post
X2 I hope I can get the brembo's on without a spacer? There seems to be plenty of room even with a 355mm kit. I'm still waiting on the rear rotors. I just went with adam's rotors on the rear with hawk pads & ss lines. I have a few sets of spacers laying around just in case.

I really want to get it right with this suspension. I went with a full whiteline walk & bushing kit to compliment the sway bars. I also found some beefier front end links to go with the bsh rear end links. I may even go with new control arms unibrace & a z brace for auto x.
this is why I love following your build threads. you know exactly what you are doing
Mods: 30%:15% Tint|Tinted Tails|Smoked Side Markers|Blacked-out Emblem|Euroswitch|LED Interior Lights|Yellow Nokya Fogs|Vag-Com|BSH True Seal Intake|Rear Wiper Delete|BBS CHs|FK Streetlines|NewSouth Performance Boost Gauge
BUILD THREAD: http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12168
GDOGGTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 01:37 PM   #41
shawn lichtfuss
Touring Car Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDOGGTI View Post
this is why I love following your build threads. you know exactly what you are doing
Well alot of it was trial & error on my mkv, so since the suspensions are nearly identical I knew what worked for me on that car, but thanks anyway for the vote of confidence
Old 05-15-2011, 01:37 PM   #42
shawn lichtfuss
Touring Car Champion

Doing some sunday morning work on the gti little things only. Next weekend I'm going to try to get the brakes on & the R tails. I also will get it on the lift for the first round of suspension mods.

Big props to john@FTC5 for the sidemarkers. I also have him working on a new project for me, since these turned out so well. If the color looks a tiny bit off it's because I have a expel clear bra on the the car & the sidemarkers don't yet so it reflects the light a bit differently, but they are a dead on factory match:

Now, I'm a self admitted carbon fiber junkie & had a few real cf overlay parts made up to compliment the tid paddle extensions. It may not be to everyone's taste, but I like it. I had a ton of cf in my mkv so I'm just continuing the trend. You'll understand when you see the bay when it's done.

Now if your wondering why I didn't do my headunit it's because I'm retro fitting in a 510 so I can run the CC back up camera & that's been done too:

IMO I like the center dash overlayed in cf, but I don't think I'll do any more as I feel more would become gaudy. Especially as I do a new interior etc... Can't wait for next weekend to start knocking out some bigger mods.