GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Torx Bit sale...

GoodTimesIndeed

Go Kart Champion
Nice! good find.

alpha3

Go Kart Champion
Ah - ! this is the exact thing I've been watching for. Thanks for sharing!!

KeenGTI

Good deal!:thumbsup:

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Thanks for that. Just might have to swing in to Sears when I get back from PR!

jwal

Ready to race!
Great deal. I already have one of these sets. Considering picking one up for the car now...

K3RMIT

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks! I just bought these, but before I opened the pack, I read the reviews and saw the complains about the Made In China build quality. It's probably why it's 75% off, but maybe still worth it for just $25. What do you guys think?

GoodTimesIndeed

Go Kart Champion
Quick excerpt from wiki:

"Sears has never manufactured Craftsman products itself, instead relying on other manufacturers to make the products for them and then apply the Craftsman brand name. Sometimes, the Craftsman branded items include exclusive features or functions that separate them from the manufacturer's own brand or other brands that that manufacturer produces. Other times, Craftsman products are identical to models of other brands with a different name on them. Beginning in 2010, hand tools manufactured for Craftsman by Apex Tool Group such as ratchets, sockets, and wrenches began being produced overseas (mainly in China although some are produced in Taiwan), while tools produced for Craftsman by Western Forge such as adjustable wrenches, screwdrivers, pliers and larger mechanic tool sets remain made in the United States. Sears still has an Industrial line which is sold through various authorized distributors and these tools are US made. They appear identical to their previous non-industrial US made counterparts, save for the "Industrial" name stamped on them. They are manufactured by Apex on the US production lines that made the previous US made product before production switched overseas to Asia. Tool storage has typically been manufactured by Waterloo Industries, while air compressors were manufatctured by DeVilbiss Air Power (part of Dewalt), and formerly by Campbell Hausfeld."

GoodTimesIndeed

Go Kart Champion
My tool chests are almost exclusively Craftsman tools and I have never had an issue. In all the years using them I have only cracked one socket. Walked into Sears, showed the guy at the checkout the socket and told him I wanted a replacement. He went and grabbed one, no questions asked, rang it up as a warranty exchange and I was out the door.

K3RMIT

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks, G.T.I.. I'll give 'em a shot. Some of the comments indicate that you can find sets that are made in the USA, so I might go look to see if there are any in-stock before I crack open the seal on mine.

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
My tool chests are almost exclusively Craftsman tools and I have never had an issue. In all the years using them I have only cracked one socket. Walked into Sears, showed the guy at the checkout the socket and told him I wanted a replacement. He went and grabbed one, no questions asked, rang it up as a warranty exchange and I was out the door.

If sears weren't on the verge of going out of business, this story would make me feel a lot better. It's no wonder they started manufacturing overseas.

zrickety

The Fixer
I love sears, but sometimes their prices are ridiculous. No wonder they struggle for business.

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
If sears weren't on the verge of going out of business, this story would make me feel a lot better. It's no wonder they started manufacturing overseas.

Ever since they merged with Kmart, I have only purchased one item from them....a POS air compressor. And that was a waste of money as well since it's only good for pumping air into tires. :thumbdown: