GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hesitation at WOT After Stage 1

mraaf

Passed Driver's Ed
Yes stock intercooler. It's around 3°C outside here so I doubt air temps would be an issue seeing as some cars never see air below 20°C in hotter climates :)

Sure air temp shouldn't be an issue but restrictive air flow with stock IC imho. It caused hesitation and oscillation on me. Fixed it with Wagner

Laimface

Ready to race!
Sure air temp shouldn't be an issue but restrictive air flow with stock IC imho. It caused hesitation and oscillation on me. Fixed it with Wagner

Ah I see what you mean, the charge pipes from the turbo to the IC, then IC to the throttle body also look pretty thin in places too!

That being said, if it was the IC being a problem wouldn't everyone with stage 1 or above be having the same issue?

cinciGTI25

Thanks @Liamface for posting this. I upgraded to the Forge DV and the sound is gone and feel like I have significantly more power to the wheels!

Laimface

Ready to race!
Last night I cleaned the MAF and made it completely vertical, I also fitted the new 6.6 bar fuel filter. The old one was the original 6.4 bar with 58k miles on it. The car hasn't hesitated yet, but I haven't had the chance to really stretch the car out as it was raining this morning. It's sunny now so hopefully the drive home will tell a better story!