GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How should our cars do compared to the Speed3

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion
I was just wondering how our vehicles should compare to the Speed3 once rolling? I ask because I came upon an obviously modified Speed3 on Saturday and he punched it at 30 MPH and seemed rather peeved that I stuck with him up until we hit traffic and had to slow down.

Truthfully, I thought they were faster than that due to the bigger turbo and larger displacement out of the box and I expected to be left way behind. Now, I did put it in sport mode and turned traction control off prior to the short play session. ;)

MK6NGT

Ready to race!
That's one of the few "tuner" type cars I've not run into yet. Few of them at a monthly car show I go to that have big turbos and 400+whp, but I don't run them for obv reasons.

In for posts

fast2ghl

Ready to race!
They can be strong, but I think it all depends on the build and the driver... (like most things really). I think they're kinda like the Focus ST in that you'd assume they'd be faster then they are because of stock power numbers, but they dont make use of it as well as we do.

urbanevil

Ready to race!
In addition, I would think (no proof) the Mazda would be a bit heavier. I had a Mazda 3 Skyactive, and it never felt very nimble, but I could be crazy.

MK6NGT

Ready to race!
I think they weigh 200-300 lbs heavier than our cars, depending on a few things

zef

Drag Racing Champion
The Speed3 is a little juicier stock for stock (Speed comes with a KO4 I believe), but it weighs 3,300 pounds. GTI weighs 3000-3100 depending on 2dr/4dr dsg/mt. The Speed maxes the stock internals out at 400wtq as well. Pretty similar car overall, just start hitting twisties and that's when you'll start to pull bus lengths on the Speed.

fast2ghl

Ready to race!
The Speed3 is a little juicier stock for stock (Speed comes with a KO4 I believe), but it weighs 3,300 pounds. GTI weighs 3000-3100 depending on 2dr/4dr dsg/mt. The Speed maxes the stock internals out at 400wtq as well. Pretty similar car overall, just start hitting twisties and that's when you'll start to pull bus lengths on the Speed.

Yeah its a k04-0015 or something its not the same size k04-64 we have.

zef

Drag Racing Champion

WeekendWarriorz

Ready to race!
Speed 3 has torque steer that's unmanageable and ridiculous, to show how strong our K03s are we can pull on a tuned MS3 with a basic stage 2 car. A 400whp GTI vs a 400WHP speed 3 wouldn't even be a contest I'd say.

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
They can be strong, but I think it all depends on the build and the driver... (like most things really). I think they're kinda like the Focus ST in that you'd assume they'd be faster then they are because of stock power numbers, but they dont make use of it as well as we do.

^^This.

I ran one when I was stage 2, I had 1 passenger and he had none, he had a Cobb tune, my guess is something OTS and not pro-tuned. We ran up to around 110 from 45 and it was dead even the whole way.

Definitely can be fast, so can a FoST, but pound for pound, mod for mod, we will outgun both.

zef

Drag Racing Champion
Speed 3 has torque steer that's unmanageable and ridiculous, to show how strong our K03s are we can pull on a tuned MS3 with a basic stage 2 car. A 400whp GTI vs a 400WHP speed 3 wouldn't even be a contest I'd say.

+++1 on torque steer...if you watch Head2Head on Netflix they compare a FoST and a Mazdaspeed 3. When they test drive the Mazdaspeed the guy floors it with the hands off the steering wheel and the goddamn steering wheel immediately flung almost 120 degrees to the right.

ksandman

Ready to race!
I encountered one earlier this week. He was playing around and getting on it so I decided to follow him and kept closing the distance. We came to a red light and had a go. I walked away from him pretty good, but I assume he had bad wheel spin, but he could not close the gap. My car is stock with dsg. His car had an exhaust and an intake but I'm unsure of the tune. He was speewing a fair amount of black smoke when I was behind him so I'm going to guess he doesn't have a proper tune. I still figured it should have been more even or I would of lost from the dig.

gtimk6spd

Ready to race!
+++1 on torque steer...if you watch Head2Head on Netflix they compare a FoST and a Mazdaspeed 3. When they test drive the Mazdaspeed the guy floors it with the hands off the steering wheel and the goddamn steering wheel immediately flung almost 120 degrees to the right.

https://youtu.be/OISFrU4I_7s?t=4m57s at around 4:57 I see what you're talking about. That is pretty awful torque steer.