GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New RCD330 Plus Headunit with Mirrorlink/Carplay

torga

Autocross Champion
I have a copy of the 5515 firmware from that thread if you want it. I did the update earlier in the week and it worked fine.
Could I please get a copy of this file? I bought my 330 at the end of December, so it should hopefully be delivered by the end of January.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Yeah it sounds like they aren't managing the development/updates of the firmware well at all. In some sense, you imagine they should just be free. On the other hand, I understand that they end up bricking the units that they test on and require purchasing of new ones constantly. I just think the method of requesting the funds needs to be worked on. They come across as shady instead.

They should do like "crowd funding" for the development of new firmware and then release it free upon release. This way, they are being funded by individuals that want some enhancements, but in the end, it makes their product better overall which will end up in future head units that they sell. It's a win win for them and the end users that want additional features.

If you are a customer that is satisfied where it currently stands, then yeah, you don't need to fund any development for future enhancements. On the other end to that, if there requires "fixing" to the software, it should be a free release always.

Atsiki

Passed Driver's Ed
People work hard and take a risk for test it and make it final version stabile one for us.
Each firmware have risk to birick when they test first time i mean who work on it and i know he already brick 2-3 motherboards when create firmware. So i think 15 euro not big deal , even sallers ( aliexpress) dont help us for firmware and plus all new firmwares come from rcd330plus.com even sallers they buy from gokturks. If he dont work for firmware then we still use 5314 right ! dont forget , but now we have siri and ok google volume control with 5516 , anyways .if dont want pay then have link 5515 some other forum and link ( but i dont trust because can brick easly if update with wrong one i just trust rcd330 site because they test and show video it work no problem) and have free link for 5314 use this who dont want pay :))

Last edited:

myjet010

this guy is shady as hell. He advertises his firmware as having no bugs then when people complain that it still has plenty of bugs he'll tell you that you are the only one reporting bugs and it must be your phone then he'll ban you from his site and delete your posts. If you keep an eye on his firmware threads you'll see plenty people that have paid him complain. He's constantly deleting posts and threads and starting new ones. He stated he would release new versions for free to everyone that paid for 5515 which he then denies.

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
this guy is shady as hell. He advertises his firmware as having no bugs then when people complain that it still has plenty of bugs he'll tell you that you are the only one reporting bugs and it must be your phone then he'll ban you from his site and delete your posts. If you keep an eye on his firmware threads you'll see plenty people that have paid him complain. He's constantly deleting posts and threads and starting new ones. He stated he would release new versions for free to everyone that paid for 5515 which he then denies.
Exactly my point , thank you lol.
I decide to stick with the firmware that came on my unit. Tempted to try out 5515, but have a feeling it will have more bugs than my current version.

Sent from my Pixel 2

speeding_ant

Go Kart Newbie
5515 seems to work fine. No more bugs than the version that came with mine, but much improved reliability when connecting to CarPlay and better audio quality. Most people seem happy with it.

Tifore

Ready to race!
Are any of the units being sold on Aliexpress, Ebay or Amazon outfitted with this new firmware?
Looking to buy a unit as figure I may as well try to find one thats upgraded.

If you all have a link to a steady source of these I would appreciate it!

-Tyler

myjet010

5515 seems to work fine. No more bugs than the version that came with mine, but much improved reliability when connecting to CarPlay and better audio quality. Most people seem happy with it.

the key word in your post is CarPlay.

Most people are happy with carplay functionality. It's android auto that has a bunch of bugs.

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
the key word in your post is CarPlay.

Most people are happy with carplay functionality. It's android auto that has a bunch of bugs.
[emoji23] yup android user here lol

Sent from my Pixel 2

Atsiki

Passed Driver's Ed

Peoples talking bugs about facetime call or spotify delay bugs and etc..
Thats not firmware bugs. All come from application, lol
I have 5516 now and no problem with carplay and bluetooth..
same android users have bugs true but 1000 android phones have with different hardware and software. Of course thats normal , did you hear any bugs from apple users ? No. :))

myjet010

Peoples talking bugs about facetime call or spotify delay bugs and etc..
Thats not firmware bugs. All come from application, lol
I have 5516 now and no problem with carplay and bluetooth..
same android users have bugs true but 1000 android phones have with different hardware and software. Of course thats normal , did you hear any bugs from apple users ? No. :))

Did you or did you not advertise 5515 as having "no bugs"? Specifically for Android auto and Bluetooth related bugs. You advertised that, in fact you sent an email blast to all your forum members about it. Only until after people complain about bugs you go to your it must be your phone explanation. why didn't you offer that information before you sold it to everyone? Not even what phones you had tested it on. I wouldn't expect a Samsung s7 to be considered a random Android phone.

That's not even the bad part. The bad part is what you do after the fact. You don't offer any support. Then when asked to do the right thing and give a partial refund you decline. Not until it's taken up with PayPal do you give a partial refund. Then you go and ban my account and delete all trace of my posts. Those are actions of a shady and dishonest businessman. I'm not the only one saying this as you like to say.

I find it interesting that you're now touting this new version as better but you've only specifically stated it only adds a few new functions. It hardly seems worth paying another $20 especially since we've always been able to adjust volume separately for all the different outputs using steering wheel controls while the output is running. But hey there's a sucker born every minute right.

speeding_ant

Go Kart Newbie
I find it interesting that you're now touting this new version as better but you've only specifically stated it only adds a few new functions. It hardly seems worth paying another $20 especially since we've always been able to adjust volume separately for all the different outputs using steering wheel controls while the output is running. But hey there's a sucker born every minute right.

For sure - this is why I've not moved past 5515. They don't have the source, therefore they'd have to find newer binaries from an updated OEM unit to improve anything. They're just enabling features that might otherwise be disabled or available in another version.

Deathbyart

Go Kart Newbie
Just installed a 330+ and the CarPlay just isn't as consitant as I would like. Hoping a firmware update will help.

Just so you know, I have messaged a couple of you but if you have a link for 5515 (or 4) please let me know.

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
Just installed a 330+ and the CarPlay just isn't as consitant as I would like. Hoping a firmware update will help.

Just so you know, I have messaged a couple of you but if you have a link for 5515 (or 4) please let me know.
Check pm

Sent from my Pixel 2