GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage 2 vs SRT4 neon

vdubpwr

Ready to race!
Meh, brake boosting for k03/k04 cars really not necessary. When you're on a roll race, just have your foot lightly on the gas. Like a feather light but its still on the gas, and you're not accelerating. Then punch it, it's literally no turbo lag cause its already spinning the turbo.

THIS.

I usually hold the gas pedal down and on the second beep slighlty VERY slightly I push the gas a little more and on the third beep i go WOT. not that i ever have any real "lag" at all but it does get the turbo spooling just a bit quicker.

L3it3R

Passed Driver's Ed
As much as I absolutely LOVE my GTI, my old SRT-4 would have completely destroyed my Stage 2 GTI, and the srt was on the stock turbo. It was just a monster though. I miss that car for the fact that it was a purpose built car - 1 purpose: go fast for cheap.
My srt wasn't stock - far from it, but I had about the same $ in it in mods that I have on the GTI, and it put down well over 300whp. Yes, at the end of the day, it's a neon. But damn that thing was fun to drive :)

fast2ghl

Ready to race!
Okay, maybe you guys can give me a little insight here;

My buddy has an 05 SRT-4, it has the following mods;

FULL TBE catless 3"
Short Ram Intake K&N brand I believe
Diablo Tune
Stage 3 Clutch which he just installed beginning of May
Hurst short throw shifter
BOV

My mods are in my sig.

His tires have seen better days but they aren't completely dead yet. We did a pull from a roll at about 30kph (20mph) and I was dead even with him the entire way, we both were scratching our heads. He thought he may have a boost leak somewhere, and I thought he was gonna pull on me decently.... Didn't happen. We are gonna go again and I'll record it next time, but I kid you not he was dead even beside me the entire time and we went up to 180kph (110mph)..

Ambient temp was prob around 70 degrees and he knows how to drive, hes had numerous high powered cars before, all of which were stronger then the SRT and he auto crosses regularly... so it wasn't a shifting issue, he made every shift smoothly...