GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New RCD330 Plus Headunit with Mirrorlink/Carplay

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
Yes, plug and play. 5 minute install. If I owned a dealership, I would swap out all old radios and install these ones as a buying incentive. GL!
[emoji1],Install them in all the tdi that are on the lots and they will sell look hot cakes?.

But on a serious note , it's definitely a great upgrade. No regrets here.

Sent from my Pixel 2

ajcosta1

Hello, I installed a RCD330 with Dynaudio
The Car sound good, but i think is not so good like my RNS310 (close but not so good)
The current settings in vcds are:
byte 01 no sound system 00
byte 02 04 passivbe speakers 04

Fader and volums works OK

So i tried change the settings with VCDS to byte 01 (skoda sound system) only acept this, and byte 02 to sound system installed. the the Dynadio AMP enter in SAFE mode (and need reboots), so go back to previous settings

Any one have this issue?
Any one runs any of this settings with dynaudio?
Any one was able to recode byte 01 to 01 - VW sound system?

thanks

Last edited:

Nitrous76

Hi guys

I’ve just installed this radio and it looks and sounds great. My issue is that after a while, the radio audio (FM) is all that comes out of it. It doesn’t switch over to CarPlay once the phone is plugged in? Anybody else seen this issue? Firmware upgrade maybe?

Thanks

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Hi guys

I’ve just installed this radio and it looks and sounds great. My issue is that after a while, the radio audio (FM) is all that comes out of it. It doesn’t switch over to CarPlay once the phone is plugged in? Anybody else seen this issue? Firmware upgrade maybe?

Thanks

I had an issue where with my Galaxy S8 AndroidAuto was not working and found that it was because I was not using the OEM USB cable but rather a cheapy charger USB cable I bought cheap.

Make sure you use the OEM cable from Apple.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Hello, I installed a RCD330 with Dynaudio
The Car sound good, but i think is not so good like my RNS310 (close but not so good)
The current settings in vcds are:
byte 01 no sound system 00
byte 02 04 passivbe speakers 04

Fader and volums works OK

So i tried change the settings with VCDS to byte 01 (skoda sound system) only acept this, and byte 02 to sound system installed. the the Dynadio AMP enter in SAFE mode (and need reboots), so go back to previous settings

Any one have this issue?
Any one runs any of this settings with dynaudio?
Any one was able to recode byte 01 to 01 - VW sound system?

thanks

I do not have DynAudio so this rules me out probably but while I thought the audio did take a slight quality hit from the OEM RCD 310 unit, after enough tweaking of the bass/treble, I think I got it to a spot that it's completely fine now. That's mostly with the radio anyway. When I use my phone with MP3s and streaming, it sounds awesome so no biggie. The overall upgrade is worth the slight degrade in radio quality IMO. It just makes the car look complete.

speeding_ant

Go Kart Newbie
Latest 5515 firmware is solid for me so far. I'm primarily CarPlay, so can't comment on the Android Auto side of things, but this release appears to solve issues there too.

Once nice surprise is that bass is fixed and overall sound quality has been improved. DSP seems to behave properly and doesn't roll off the bass anymore, so I've had to turn off the bass adjustment for my line out converter (yay!).

http://rcd330plus.com/showthread.php?tid=873

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Latest 5515 firmware is solid for me so far. I'm primarily CarPlay, so can't comment on the Android Auto side of things, but this release appears to solve issues there too.

Once nice surprise is that bass is fixed and overall sound quality has been improved. DSP seems to behave properly and doesn't roll off the bass anymore, so I've had to turn off the bass adjustment for my line out converter (yay!).

http://rcd330plus.com/showthread.php?tid=873

Oh man, I'm excited for it. The issue with the constant asking me to connect each time I plug in the phone with Android Auto has been resolved according to this. I got to install it!

Did you have to unzip that .tar file or just leave it as is and copy it to a flash drive?

BTW-Anyone experience issue when pairing Android via bluetooth and going through your library, when you select a song, it doesn't play what you selected but some other random song? I'm surprised that wasn't patched. Luckily using AndroidAuto, this isn't an issue though.

Last edited:

speeding_ant

Go Kart Newbie
Oh man, I'm excited for it. The issue with the constant asking me to connect each time I plug in the phone with Android Auto has been resolved according to this. I got to install it!

Did you have to unzip that .tar file or just leave it as is and copy it to a flash drive?

BTW-Anyone experience issue when pairing Android via bluetooth and going through your library, when you select a song, it doesn't play what you selected but some other random song? I'm surprised that wasn't patched. Luckily using AndroidAuto, this isn't an issue though.

Just copy it onto a flash drive and hold the setup button. Then hit the update button and away you go. Don't turn off the car or anything crazy while it's updating.

torga

Autocross Champion
Just copy it onto a flash drive and hold the setup button. Then hit the update button and away you go. Don't turn off the car or anything crazy while it's updating.

Does the car have to actually be running? Or is just ACC okay?

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie

So I copied over that .tar file to my flash stick and then when I plugged it into the car it didn't detect any files... Hmmm.

EDIT - Someone on the RCD forum said I had to HOLD the setup button. Kind of weird since there is an update software clickable within the menus but apparently it doesn't work? So after holding the setup button, I get the new prompt with updating the software and it wasn't without it's problems either. It still didn't detect the USB stick or content. I had to remove and re-insert the USB stick a few times and click the Update Software a few times. It finally appeared and allowed it to run. For those wondering, it takes around 7-10 minutes to fully install.

I'll have to play around with it now to get more impressions of the improvements with the update.

Last edited:

DOMlNO81

Regarding using a converter like the audio control LC2i for a sub, where didthose who have run a converter (if any) tab it from?

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion

Im tempted to try the firmware as well. But I don't think that its a official release I'm not sure.

I use these steps for the Android auto pairing request glitch. Ever since I discovered it . It never has asked me to pair the phone .

When you are getting ready to turn off the car, make sure you disconnect android auto via app button menu. Once you disconnect android auto just unplug your phone .

I'm not sure if it works on all rcd330s
Here is my system info
And I have not experienced your Bluetooth issue I'll have to test it

Sent from my Pixel 2

Last edited:

speeding_ant

Go Kart Newbie
Regarding using a converter like the audio control LC2i for a sub, where didthose who have run a converter (if any) tab it from?

I just spliced into the wires on the quad lock (there was a diagram at the back of the unit that showed which lines were speaker cable). In hindsight though, I should have purchased a quad lock extender to splice off that, instead of messing with the original wiring. But hey, it works.

DOMlNO81

Good lord, that appears as a father enormous image on my iPhone screen I’m on the RCD330 forum, but according to the person I spoke with, I have a head unit I cannot update.