GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Atlanta MK6 owners

Shinster

Ready to race!
shinster,
how is your clutch holding up on stgII? I have been revo stgI(SW only) 3K-14K and revo stgII(carbonio+catless DP+Sw) 14K-20K, my clutch started giving out @19.5K. I am looking for replacement now, not sure which way to go.

Hey guys sorry for the late response, been a bit busy. Glad to see this thread being more active :p

Actually my clutch has been holding up pretty well but I only drive hard occassionally. I was worried about early clutch wear but everything has been great. Also, I went to Jim Ellis off of Peachtree Industrial with stage 2 programming and all my mods just to see how they would respond. Only thing I heard were compliments :happyanim: I'm sure it'll be a different story if the mods cause any problems but for regular services everything seems to be green lights so happy modding!

hatzo1

Ready to race!
Is anyone around the Atlanta area able to do a few VAG-COM tweaks? Reading all these threads about what you can modify has me interested. I can supply beer and/or cash.:D

Not sure if you ever found anyone for VAG-COM but I was lucky enough to find someone here in the Newnan area that has it and helped me out for just some beer. He is a really nice guy drives a MKV GTI. PM me if you want his info.

sicyo

Anyone with a CSG that was downtown a week or two ago find a note?

Saw a really good 4 door with Black BBS wheels in my place's parking lot, was wondering if they come around here.

QUEDRO

Ready to race!
hey guys!
got my new GTI a few days ago...
Can somebody in ATL area recommend me a good window tinting shop?

nevermind, found one close to my house.

Last edited:

atlmapper

Re: tint and vag com

Where did did you go for your tint? Also I'm interested in help with vag com in atl if anyone knows someone.
Thanks

dubbed24

Ready to race!
Friday night. Reynolds Silver Dollar Raceway. Trying to get a big group of people together to go racing and have a car meet at the track. 10 to spectate 20 to race. Grudge racing all night. Imports street bikes and muscles cars. Anyone is welcome. I will be leaving town at 5:30 put of Fayetteville. You can either ride out and follow me or meet me down there. Bring pants to race anda helmet if and only if you run quicker than a 13.99

MKVGTI'06'

Ready to race!
I have had my MKVI for about a year now in the Newnan area, APR Stage 1, Custom Turbo back from Sharpsburg Muffler, stage 2 APR coming on the 30th of september. Also will be getting my carbino installed. Blacked out logos, plan on doing a few more things in the future. Anyone in the metro area do anything with VW's?? Race, get together etccc

Jmoore412

Ready to race!
Beware of Batlground Motorsport!

A while ago I posted a thread about this situation but I am posting this in the Atlanta forum to make sure this doesn’t happen to anyone else. There is a shop called Batlgound Motorsports in Atlanta, GA that I had work on my 2014 GTI with only 110 miles on it. I would like everyone to know to NOT USE THIS SHOP! It is costing me over $18,000.00 (parts, labor and towing) to fix the damage/ poor work they did to my brand new 2014 GTI with only 1100 miles on it. We where upgrading the car to stage 3, upgrading motor, front/rear BBK and a large list of other upgrades. They stripped out bolts in the sub frame, installed bolts in the wrong locations, didn’t tighten bolts, never even put all the bolts in the end links, installed the BBK wrong, had the motor machined wrong, installed the rods wrong (didn’t mark the ends and got them mixed up), damaged the front bumper, rear bumper, exhaust was bent and forgot to put the bracket in the car that holds the down pipe. There is more but this is just some of the things off the top of my head. The car was completely wrecked and not even drivable.

After well over a month the owner still will not make the situation right and after talking to his lawyer all he can tell me is he can’t comment on the situation that I will receive a “official letter” that I have yet to get. I don’t want anyone else to go through what I have had to go through this person has put my family in a financial hardship because of all the damage he did to the car.

These are just some of the pictures of how the car came back to me. It has taken well over a month and me shipping the car to Jacksonville, FL to get everything fixed. They had to pretty much take apart the entire car to fix all the damage that was done from this shops short comings. Don’t let this happen to you!

I went to this shop because a guy I thought was a friend was working at the shop and turned out he wasn't a friend at all. Though after all this happened I found out I am not the first person this has happened to according to reviews online. I trusted the fact that someone I used to work with and trusted worked there lesson learned just want to make sure no one else has to learn the lesson also these guys have no clue what they are doing.

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

This is there custom pipe for the intercooler since they more than likely lost the APR one that I gave them!

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

Inside of my transmission

[/URL][/IMG]

This is the report half way through fixing everything

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
Hey gents, so I have a question for the stage 2ers.

I'm seriously considering getting a catted downpipe for Christmas, but the only thing holding me back is chance to fail emissions. I'm CBFA so I've heard I need sensor spacers and that I'll need to return to stock mode a few miles before the readiness test.

So has anyone had a trouble from Georgia emissions with a downpipe?

ShrekSquatch

Ready to race!
A while ago I posted a thread about this situation but I am posting this in the Atlanta forum to make sure this doesn’t happen to anyone else. There is a shop called Batlgound Motorsports in Atlanta, GA that I had work on my 2014 GTI with only 110 miles on it. I would like everyone to know to NOT USE THIS SHOP! It is costing me over $18,000.00 (parts, labor and towing) to fix the damage/ poor work they did to my brand new 2014 GTI with only 1100 miles on it. We where upgrading the car to stage 3, upgrading motor, front/rear BBK and a large list of other upgrades. They stripped out bolts in the sub frame, installed bolts in the wrong locations, didn’t tighten bolts, never even put all the bolts in the end links, installed the BBK wrong, had the motor machined wrong, installed the rods wrong (didn’t mark the ends and got them mixed up), damaged the front bumper, rear bumper, exhaust was bent and forgot to put the bracket in the car that holds the down pipe. There is more but this is just some of the things off the top of my head. The car was completely wrecked and not even drivable.

After well over a month the owner still will not make the situation right and after talking to his lawyer all he can tell me is he can’t comment on the situation that I will receive a “official letter” that I have yet to get. I don’t want anyone else to go through what I have had to go through this person has put my family in a financial hardship because of all the damage he did to the car.

These are just some of the pictures of how the car came back to me. It has taken well over a month and me shipping the car to Jacksonville, FL to get everything fixed. They had to pretty much take apart the entire car to fix all the damage that was done from this shops short comings. Don’t let this happen to you!

I went to this shop because a guy I thought was a friend was working at the shop and turned out he wasn't a friend at all. Though after all this happened I found out I am not the first person this has happened to according to reviews online. I trusted the fact that someone I used to work with and trusted worked there lesson learned just want to make sure no one else has to learn the lesson also these guys have no clue what they are doing.

Damn, that is horrible.. Let us know what that lawyer letter says. There's no way you will be made whole, but I hope you at least get close. That is complete and total bullshit.

Jmoore412

Ready to race!
Does anyone know of a good paint shop in the Atlanta area? Trying to avoid the mess with my motor build and find a good shop from the get go. I have a 2013 Golf R I just got it is CW and there are some chips. Thinking about getting it resprayed CW so it looks showroom new since I am planning to go stage 3 and use it for shows I want the paint to look perfect.

If anyone knows any shops that do good work let me know!

ATLienMK6

Passed Driver's Ed
^^^^ Jmoore412
Universal Body Shop

678-691-5409

5361 Buford Hwy.
Doraville, GA 30340
http://myuniversalbodyshop.com/

These Guys are great! They do lots of High end and VAG scene cars all the time. They have replaced my windshield and repaired and resprayed my rear bumper.
The owner is a good friend and I would trust him with any vehicle