GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf RS rumor

BangMangler

Ready to race!
Just saw this myself. You must have the Unitronic FB page in your feed too?

I think I'll be trading my GTI in for this when it comes out. Wow.

An early rumor floating around is that Volkswagen is preparing a Mk7 Golf RS. This would be the next chapter in the R lineup and replace the current Golf R as a 2014 model.

It is suggested that this all-wheel-drive "Golf RS" will use the same 2.5L five-cylinder turbo from the Audi TT RS producing 340-370 horsepower, and use the 7-speed DSG gearbox.

If there is any truth behind the recent speculation, this would be VW's first "RS" model. It would place them back at the top of the food chain (in their class) and true competitor to the likes of STI, Evo, and Focus RS.

With it already a known fact the 2013 Audi RS3 will use the same 2.5L five-cylinder turbo, and built on the new MQB platform, which the Mk7 Golf uses as-well...........There could be some possibility here and stars aligning.

So far VW has been lagging behind in the high performance department for some time now. Until then, we are keeping all our fingers and toes crossed.

AWD? 340-370HP? 7-speed DSG? I'm sold.

mundo1

Ready to race!
Im in

mkvince

Go Kart Champion
The R is from the mid 30's to almost 40K. Imagine how much this hot hatch will be. Maybe 50K?

GTITX1

Ready to race!
Will never happen in the US, consumers are too brand conscious here. You can easily sell a 40-50k dollar Audi, but not a VW. But who knows, the skyline managed to be a nissan instead of an Infinity.

BangMangler

Ready to race!
The R is from the mid 30's to almost 40K. Imagine how much this hot hatch will be. Maybe 50K?

The R is $33,900 unless you need a sunroof and nav. As long as they sell a RS without any lame noisemaker speakers I'll pay anything in the $30-40K range.

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
I doubt it'll be in the $30-40k range. Instead of looking at it as a VW alternative to STI or Evo, its probably more appropriate to look at it as a cheaper RS3....VAG might bring one or the other to our shore, not likely both...

Manheim81c

Go Kart Champion
:wub:

My 2009 will be paid off by than...something to seriously think about.

mkvince

Go Kart Champion
The R is $33,900 unless you need a sunroof and nav. As long as they sell a RS without any lame noisemaker speakers I'll pay anything in the $30-40K range.

OK, fine. $33,900 without tax and delivery. Not to be pessimistic, I doubt the RS will be less than 40K if it ever makes it to our shore.

JhnR

Banned
sure in a couple of years till then keep trollin