GOLFMKV

Dr Dad's GTI

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
Took some pictures today

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
Lamin-X Tint Rear Reflectors

I used Lamin-X Tint (6%) to darken my rear bumper reflectors to match my tail lights today. It was extremely easy, so I used the excess to tint my side markers as well!
I did accidentally scratch a little paint above one of the side markers because I went too fast :mad:

Attachments

• LeftBefore.jpg
    LeftBefore.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 342
  • LeftAfter.jpg
    LeftAfter.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 331
  • BothBefore.jpg
    BothBefore.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 335
  • BothAfter.jpg
    BothAfter.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 322
  • Match!.jpg
    Match!.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 343
  • SideBefore.jpg
    SideBefore.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 341
  • SideAfter.jpg
    SideAfter.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 339
Last edited:

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
Installed my stage 2 pipe a week or so ago and I love it! The car feels much more responsive and a bit stronger. It seems I'm noticing all the gains others get from just the stage 1 with my stage 2.

I also discovered I have a leak in my front left tire this morning, so I'm dealing with that now...
EDIT: turns out I need all new tires... I'm getting Goodyear eagle F1 asymmetricals today

Last edited:

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
Changed up the chrome a few days ago! Loving the badgeskins vinyls and klii motorwerkes insert!

Last edited:

VanDorin91

Go Kart Champion
Welcome! :D

Great looking car from the start with some pretty good plans.

Keep up the good work and keep us updated!

:w00t:

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
Finally got my stage 1 tune today :happyanim: The extra torque is incredible! The best description I heard was now my car does what I wanted to be able to do in traffic. Pulls harder and faster and so far it feels well worth the money :thumbup: I also got a tour of APR while I was there and they run a fantastic facility.

While I was there they were dynoing a stage 1 mk7 and it was hitting over 300hp... They also had some pretty exciting sounding beta testing going on.

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
Went in to get a tire patched, turns out I have a cracked wheel. I can't decide if I should just pick up a new Detroit or move to new wheels...

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
Went in to get a tire patched, turns out I have a cracked wheel. I can't decide if I should just pick up a new Detroit or move to new wheels...

move to new wheels if you're considering but do it soon enough, switch a spare tire too, too risky to drive with a cracked wheel. or get another, there are bunch of people selling one wheel of detroits

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
move to new wheels if you're considering but do it soon enough, switch a spare tire too, too risky to drive with a cracked wheel. or get another, there are bunch of people selling one wheel of detroits

Just ordered some alzor's from ecs, and I slapped that spare on real good.

VanDorin91

Go Kart Champion
Sorry to hear about the rim bud.

Which Alzors?

VanDorin91

Go Kart Champion
The 18" 349s!

A buddy picked some up for his Mk5 Jetta because of the price when he bent one of his rims. Ended up loving them. They look great and seem to be pretty good quality for the pricetag.

VanDorin91

Go Kart Champion
ECS Tuning has the rims I want for mine, but the price is a little more than the Alzors haha. I want some Avant Garde M220s :wub:

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
Got my wheels mounted [emoji16]

zrickety

The Fixer
Looks great. What tires are you running?