GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Integrated Engineering Stage2 Tune for the Automatic Transmission in the Golf 2.5

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
A mass Email from Integrated Engineering was sent out today stating the following.....

"Hi, guys,

I'm emailing all of you because you have bought 2.5L tunes from us at some point. We've been working on tuning for the 2.5L automatics, to allow stage 1 cars the full ~6800 RPM powerband, and to allow short runner intake manifold power kits on the automatic cars!

If you have any interest in upgrading your stage 1 car, or going to a short runner intake manifold setup on your automatic car, we can really use your help. We need people to plug their Powerlink V3 cables in, and tab through to the page where it shows the available tunes. This will record the part number for your automatic transmission on our server, so we can have them all ready to go.

We'll be announcing pricing and other information shortly, but we're expecting it to be very affordable. "

I maybe mistaken BUT it sounds like Integrated Engineering (IE) is selling an Automatic Transmission Tune that will NOW allow the Automatic tranny in the Golf 2.5 to rev higher to work with the IE Short Runner Intake Manifold. If so BRAVO,... this is a long over due but better late than never.... .

EDIT: Reading this again after the excitment, it looks like they want guys with the Automatic Transmission as well as the EI Stage1 Tune to plug in the V3 Tool to record and upload the part number for the/your automatic transmission and make the Proper Tunes available on their server.

Last edited:

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
They have this tune up on their website now.

I noticed the 2.5L valve cover, fuel rail and CAI are all showing limited stock available. I am wondering if they are discontinuing these items.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
They have this tune up on their website now.

I noticed the 2.5L valve cover, fuel rail and CAI are all showing limited stock available. I am wondering if they are discontinuing these items.
No doubt, I'm sure not many sales for the valve cover, fuel rail (expensive bling) but if the price is reduced on the CAI then it make good cents, as it's made of silicone (next to no heat soak) and good bell mouth on the shield.

EDIT: This may indicate a pull back on the support of the 2.5, to be honest if it was me I'd have made the IE SRI out of plastic and drop the price of the kit by 50% and sell a boat load of them.

I have it from a good source that VW Canada sold a bunch of replacement stock 07K133201 for colision repair, so there is a potentiaql market in the US if the price is right, they make most of the profit on the Tune anyway.

Last edited:

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
No doubt, I'm sure not many sales for the valve cover, fuel rail (expensive bling) but if the price is reduced on the CAI then it make good cents, as it's made of silicone (next to no heat soak) and good bell mouth on the shield.

EDIT: This may indicate a pull back on the support of the 2.5, to be honest if it was me I'd have made the IE SRI out of plastic and drop the price of the kit by 50% and sell a boat load of them.

I have it from a good source that VW Canada sold a bunch of replacement stock 07K133201 for colision repair, so there is a potentiaql market in the US if the price is right, they make most of the profit on the Tune anyway.

Unfortunately no price reduction, except on the valve cover. I like the design of their standard CAI but not the SRI version. I don't like that it is hard plumbed. I get why they did it (so it makes a plug and play kit for the power kits) but it actually makes it difficult to run a catch can and their own block breather kit if you've already gone that route. That's why I avoided it. I do like the heat shield placement though. I do think you would actually draw cooler air with that setup.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Unfortunately no price reduction, except on the valve cover. I like the design of their standard CAI but not the SRI version. I don't like that it is hard plumbed. I get why they did it (so it makes a plug and play kit for the power kits) but it actually makes it difficult to run a catch can and their own block breather kit if you've already gone that route. That's why I avoided it. I do like the heat shield placement though. I do think you would actually draw cooler air with that setup.
Maybe a bit cooler if the car is stopped but once the car is moving the shape of the shield plays a part as the air gets split and hot air sealed off. If you really want to really negate the heat soak effect, capture as many oxygen atoms as you can per stroke,...require a bigger bell mouth.

BUT I think in this case you may have a sensor problem or you maybe pulling a degree or two of timing, running too hot a spark plug, try a 1 step colder range plug to see if it makes a difference.

Last edited:

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
AUTOS CAN PARTY TOO! IE VW MK5 & MK6 2.5L TRANSMISSION TUNES

Just got an E-Mail from IE, I wonder why I keep getting these emails, they must think (wrongly) that I have an Automatic.

===============================================================================
AUTOS CAN PARTY TOO! IE VW MK5 & MK6 2.5L TRANSMISSION TUNES

Finally get the most out of your auto 2.5L!
Now your automatic VW MK5 or MK6 2.5L can get the full power potential out of your tune and even install an IE intake manifold (electric power steering only)! Remove that automatic transmission shift limit and let your 2.5L rev free with the new AQ250 TCU Tune only from IE.

GET YOURS HERE

Leading features:

Allows installation of IE 2.5L intake manifolds!

FLashes directly through the OBDII Port with IE POWERlink

User selectable RPM limit of 6800 RPM or 7100 RPM

Perfect match for Stage 1 & Stage 2 Manifold ECU Tunes
Have Questions?

Follow
Subscribe

Copyright © 2018 Integrated Engineering, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you are a past IE customer.

Our mailing address is:
Integrated Engineering
2128 S. Richards St
Salt Lake City, UT 84115

Last edited:

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Looks like more people will be looking for SRI's now.
IDK the MK6 Golf is old now, IE missed the boat, if they introduced this Auto Transmission Tune years ago they woulda a cleaned up.

What IE need is for a a magazine to do an article on the IE Intake Manifold and the Auto Transmission Tune to wake things up.

VW sold many more Automatics compared to manual transmissions with the 2.5 Golfs and Jettas, so that is a huge potential market in the US, that they need to market to, plus they could have the IE SRI made in plastic instead of aluminum and price it at half the $800 price tag.

With no heat soak I may add, and the plastic piece would be smoother so would perform better.

I'm now thinking of buying another Golf 2.5 Automatic, go figure :thumbup:

Last edited:

FlowMK6

Ready to race!
Well good thing for auto people, but it's not something that "new", I mean ReflectTuning have been tuning 09G tranny for quite some time now : http://www.reflecttuning.com/gearbox.html.

But it's nice to be able to flash with IE Powerlink :) I would like to buy one of their valve cover, but the price isn't interesting for such a part

Have fun people !

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Flow, you're alive !!!

Good info, Reflex Tuning is located in North Carolina.

Last edited:

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
I'm not very active since a few weeks, but I keep visiting the forum almost everyday, I'm here to help others if needed
You are a great resource keep helping out. The Golf 2.5 Members over on Vortex are lost in the shuffle over there, it would be good to funnel all the 2.5 stuff to this forum as it's dedecated to the 2.5, but it is what it is. :iono:

I do the same, I have another car now, totally different from the Golf BUT I'm still attached to the lil Golf and this forum.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
I saw a recent post in the 2.0T section that reminded me of the great work Integrated Engineering (IE) has done supporting the VW 2.5, where other companies providing Tunes haven't done so. The IE Tunes works well with their Transmission Tune, so this should be a good omen for the Automatic transmission and the 2.5.

Black Friday Sale coming up soon, anyone think of doing the IE Tune should keep an eye out for the deals on the Tune as well as the Transmission Tune if you have a Automatic Transmission.

IE Intake Manifold only
https://www.performancebyie.com/integrated-engineering-2-5l-5-cylinder-intake-manifold

IE VW MK6 Golf & Jetta 2.5 Performance Tune (2010-2014)
https://www.performancebyie.com/iemk607ktuning

IE VW MK5 & MK6 2.5L Automatic Transmission Tune (AQ250)
https://www.performancebyie.com/ie-mk5-mk6-tcu-tune

Last edited:

Yayotas

Ready to race!
I hope the do a sale on the manifold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk