GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Golf MK6 2.0 TSI 1/4 Mile Thread

Haiiro GTi

Ready to race!
omg I so cant wait to take my setup to the track. Need my dyno info so i can see what my power and tq's look like to have better understanding of my shift points and power dropoff. Very soon very soon. U know im next in line to be mid 11's bro lol

FriggenT

Go Kart Champion
Thomas, on your site or AWE's the dyno that's on there shows an MKV, has the MKVI been any different in terms of performance? Also, you all seem to produce more hp, but a bit less torque than some other dynos I've seen... any particular reason this?

Also, it says for stage 2 intake and exhaust. Can you verify if the dyno runs were done on a full TBE or just a DP?

Last edited:
Thomas, on your site or AWE's the dyno that's on there shows an MKV, has the MKVI been any different in terms of performance? Also, you all seem to produce more hp, but a bit less torque than some other dynos I've seen... any particular reason this?

Also, it says for stage 2 intake and exhaust. Can you verify if the dyno runs were done on a full TBE or just a DP?

CBE hardly make a difference...at least on our cars. As long as you have the dp, you are good. I felt zero difference when I added my CBE to my car with a dp already installed...but i knew that going in, i did it purely for the sound.

FriggenT

Go Kart Champion
CBE hardly make a difference...at least on our cars. As long as you have the dp, you are good. I felt zero difference when I added my CBE to my car with a dp already installed...but i knew that going in, i did it purely for the sound.

Thanks for that info, I figured the difference was little to none, as it is with a lot of turbo cars, but just thought i'd check.

swagger76

Ready to race!

Trap speed was 107.-- Cut off in pic.
Mine on the right. Apr K04 100 oct DSG. Full weight. Bla bla bla. Sucked! No traction in first at all. When it got traction, I took off like a rocket. Track was terrible though. Couple stock GTI's ran mid 15's. My buddies stage 2 335i was slower than me. Drag radials would help tremendously albeit. So would more practice. Don't know how people are running low 12's with a K04?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mdhollis

Go Kart Champion
^driver makes a big difference, especially with a fwd car. Like you said with a little more practice you will get that down into the 12s

Sspcivic31

Drag Race Newbie
Drag radials would help tremendously albeit. So would more practice. Don't know how people are running low 12's with a K04?
Your mph looks low. What are you shifting at? 2 things that have helped me the most are:
A. rev the shit out of it. i have a 6mt, but in order to get decent mph you have to shift as close to 7k as you can. never looked into the gear spread on a dsg car, but since the claimed hp peak is like 7k on the tune i think you would see the mph go up shifting higher.
my car will trap in the 106-108 range on 100 oct map shifting at stock redline

2. drive the car for at least 100 miles on the 100 oct map to let the car adapt. this has helped me get the mph up from 112-113 to 114-115.5 range.
i used to just put in 5 gallons and drive to the track about 40 miles away. now i fill up a week or two out from when i head out and it has helped eek the mph up.

Drag radials will help the e.t. i have seen about a .5 sec drop in the e.t. with them, but practicing getting out of the hole will help just as much. if you can get the 60ft down to the 2.0-2.1 range you would be tickling the 12's on street tires.

next time out try getting staged, rev the motor to 2700 rpm and when the last yellow comes on start letting off the brake and feeding in the throttle. slip the brakes like you would the clutch. once you are rolling a bit try going WOT.
if the car bogs really bad try stepping up in 200-300rpm increments until you find a good happy place.

swagger76

Ready to race!
Your mph looks low. What are you shifting at? 2 things that have helped me the most are:

A. rev the shit out of it. i have a 6mt, but in order to get decent mph you have to shift as close to 7k as you can. never looked into the gear spread on a dsg car, but since the claimed hp peak is like 7k on the tune i think you would see the mph go up shifting higher.

my car will trap in the 106-108 range on 100 oct map shifting at stock redline

2. drive the car for at least 100 miles on the 100 oct map to let the car adapt. this has helped me get the mph up from 112-113 to 114-115.5 range.

i used to just put in 5 gallons and drive to the track about 40 miles away. now i fill up a week or two out from when i head out and it has helped eek the mph up.

Drag radials will help the e.t. i have seen about a .5 sec drop in the e.t. with them, but practicing getting out of the hole will help just as much. if you can get the 60ft down to the 2.0-2.1 range you would be tickling the 12's on street tires.

next time out try getting staged, rev the motor to 2700 rpm and when the last yellow comes on start letting off the brake and feeding in the throttle. slip the brakes like you would the clutch. once you are rolling a bit try going WOT.

if the car bogs really bad try stepping up in 200-300rpm increments until you find a good happy place.

Will do!! Thanks guys for the tips!! My first run was pathetic. Let the air out of the fronts to 22 psi. That really seemed to help to. I was in sport mode so I was shifting about 6500. I'll go manual mode next time and shift later. I know the car can get into the 12's easy. Just a matter of practice.

recognized1

Go Kart Champion
Maybe on a KO4 it's different but you should be shifting yourself and NOT let it go to 7k in sport mode. I would shift once you see the needle hit 6k because by the time you see that you actually be shifting around 6300-6500.

Definitely drive the car around for 15 minutes to let it adapt to 100 octane tune. No need to drive a 100 miles.

Work on your launch. Don't use launch control. Disengage that and rev around 2200.

swagger76

Ready to race!
Maybe on a KO4 it's different but you should be shifting yourself and NOT let it go to 7k in sport mode. I would shift once you see the needle hit 6k because by the time you see that you actually be shifting around 6300-6500.

Definitely drive the car around for 15 minutes to let it adapt to 100 octane tune. No need to drive a 100 miles.

Work on your launch. Don't use launch control. Disengage that and rev around 2200.

Will do!! Next track day in May. Will work on all the suggestions!!

Sspcivic31

Drag Race Newbie
might be like always wearing the same socks to bat or what not, but for me the extra drive time on the 100 octane map does help. :)