GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
I've never tried ONR....is it weird that I still stick to the (2) bucket wash instead?

Then again, I only wash the car every few months when it's really dirty since it doesn't get driven much

It seems like ONR is for cleaner cars/keeping it clean all the time

Phur

Autocross Champion
You still use the 2 bucket method, just no hose. It felt weird to wash the wheels after the rest of the car though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
So....you mix the stuff with water? Wash the car with 2 bucket method.. don't rinse it, let it dry on?

What happens when it rains then?

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
i still want an answer on how ya'll clean a dry car with crusty salt on it in the garage. ONR method wouldnt that be basically wet sanding the crap out of your car?

Phur

Autocross Champion
Wash the roof, dry the roof. Wash the top half of the driver side, dry the top half of the driver side. Wash the top half of the passenger side, dry the top half of the passenger side...

When it rains it beads like crazy.

Phur

Autocross Champion
If it is really dirty I would use the roll method with your mitt and rinse it out after every swipe. Do you know what I’m talking about?

Phur

Autocross Champion
You could use a waterless wash or even some of your wash bucket contents in a spray bottle to pretreat the bad areas. Get them wet and lubricated before you touch it with the mitt.

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
I always use a spray bottle with ONR & pre-treat it before cleaning with ONR. It's a great product, but you have to be careful not to add loads of micro scratches.

Went over my clean car to day with Opti-seal. Slicker than snot now.

PhthaloType

Go Kart Champion
Anyone ever have their freshly-washed car attract flies? Washing my candy white today, a bunch of flies started showing up, and only stuck around the finish, no other part of the car, nor anything else in the area. I guess it really is candy ;)

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Anyone ever have their freshly-washed car attract flies? Washing my candy white today, a bunch of flies started showing up, and only stuck around the finish, no other part of the car, nor anything else in the area. I guess it really is candy ;)

its been in the 40s pretty consistently past few days - flies are gone here til may or so.

never had that happen elsewise in the year. texas problems?

PhthaloType

Go Kart Champion
After some Googling, I think I figured it out. 1- they're attracted to moisture, and 2- they're attracted to light sources. Washing the car creates the damp environment that brings them around, then they get drawn to the bright, white car. Apparently it's a thing.

FF_animal

Ready to race!
This always happens to me also lol I'm always swatting them away with a MF

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Phur

Autocross Champion
Same.