GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Golfmk6 Wheel/Fitment Info Thread!

lol you will rub on hard turns^. you can run anything on any type of car. im guessing most of these questions are; is it DD worthy. No. it will be a pain to drive over speed bumps, rough ride, but will look good. ^ i agree with guy above, go get 18s.

TowTruck

lol you will rub on hard turns^. you can run anything on any type of car. im guessing most of these questions are; is it DD worthy. No. it will be a pain to drive over speed bumps, rough ride, but will look good. ^ i agree with guy above, go get 18s.

you COULD dd them, i have a buddy that DD's 19's.... i think they look too big

TowTruck

I assume that you are referring to rocker panel to ground....that would stay the same despite wheel size, because the overall height with the tire remains pretty much the same...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

look at the quote between the pictures,

YES tire size has a huge deal to play with it, also ride high, i was simply stating what i ran into with coil's spun to 0, ALSO the fronts had the dead coils cut out of them so they were lower than made.

if you want to see what the same wheels (the same specs as op was asking other than 19's) on bags here

Thats when i was on bags on the same spec wheels (just 18's). You would tuck more if you went bags

TowTruck

I assume that you are referring to rocker panel to ground....that would stay the same despite wheel size, because the overall height with the tire remains pretty much the same...

and i will also say you are incorrect, 16-18'' wheels with stock tire size have the same over all diameter yes, but after that, no sir. if they did the tires would get to non exsistant sizes, and not safe/comfortable to the average consumer.

it all depends on how much the op wants to lower his car with his coils and tire size

DRedman451

Go Kart Champion
If you want to check specs 225/40/18 vs 225/35/19 is a tenth of an inch difference...215/35/19 is two tents smaller...if you want to argue about being 5 hundredths of an inch taller you got me you are correct

StayStetti

Banned
Good for you! I wouldent dream of giving any advice other than "look at this thread, or i heard from this person" if i have never touched anything other than a keyboard.

Its a cry for, "I haz no friends, i must be accepted somewhere!!!"

Seriously? I have a life outside of this site believe it or not. It shouldn't matter how I know what I do, just that I DO know what I'm talking about.

I was going to ask for his car pics (out of curious only) the other day.

Maybe he has a lot of locals who are into wheels and thats how he learns. You dont learn much reading theoritical shit online sometimes when it comes to cars IMO

Sent from my iPhone with typos

I do. I'm really good friends with a lot of local car guys. TBH, most of my knowledge has come from them AND Mark, so not quite sure why he's bashing me.

Wow, I feel dirty now. Must find shower.

For those who don't like/want my advice, GTFO my thread. Thanks.

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
For those who don't like/want my advice, GTFO my thread. Thanks.

When I first read your MY THREAD response, I was surprised. But then, I went back and realized you did create the thread.

The problem is that over time, most have forgotten that and assume this thread is a place to get advice from the collective forum experts on the topic.

Clearly, as you just stated, you are not interested in any others input, you created the thread to give your advice only.

So to be fair and clear, I would say the title should be renamed to say Phils Advice on... or something clearer.

Dybz

Banned
When I first read your MY THREAD response, I was surprised. But then, I went back and realized you did create the thread.

The problem is that over time, most have forgotten that and assume this thread is a place to get advice from the collective forum experts on the topic.

Clearly, as you just stated, you are not interested in any others input, you created the thread to give your advice only.

So to be fair and clear, I would say the title should be renamed to say Phils Advice on... or something clearer.

dude seriously? why are you posting all up in phil's thread? he owns it... he bought it... he sponsors it...

oh wait...

Attachments

• tirerack.jpg
    tirerack.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 268

StayStetti

Banned

I wasn't talking directly to you, sorry if it seemed that way. Anyone can give advice in this thread, but I don't appreciate people disrespecting me in a thread I created.
Anyways, It seems like the information posted in this thread is no longer relevant to this section, according to mods.

jackgti1

Go Kart Champion
Will 18" VMR V718's fit on my stock Dunlop's (serrons)?

*Two of them are Dunlop SP Sport 01 A/S 225/40R18

*Other two are Dunlop SP Sport 01 225/40ZR18

Last edited: