GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat17: Boosted Learns How To Cook

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
i had krystals for lunch. Had to stop by the bank and then the dealership(motorcycle) to settle up one last thing.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Dis biskit doe
lol i remember that album
Dis smoked half chicken doe
dang that looks good. the dry rub is key
#wasntinvited
Ill be on PUBG, send me an invite.
will let you know, slightly earlier this time
That’s an acceptable submarine sandwich
local deli (not a chain) yeah

good stuff, that half chicken beat out the sandwich i think though. coleslaw looks on point.
i had krystals for lunch. Had to stop by the bank and then the dealership(motorcycle) to settle up one last thing.
Oh wow, in4bikespaz

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Power flickering at home so sitting in the local Starbucks for the wi-fi.

Guy sees my shirt (random car shirt) starts talking to me about cars. "Yeah man I've got this new Subaru Ascent. It's got a 2.5L turbo. It's pretty fast man. Does 60 in like 7."

CSB.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Motorcycles are dangerous.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Also... SQL Protip: When writing "like" statements, don't forget the wildcard %. Otherwise you'll spend 15 minutes trying to figure out why the F your query keeps returning 0 results.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
n00b

I'm kidding please hire me. I come with 18 years relevant experience and want a porsche.

LOL

I'm considering getting out.... when I land, I can certainly sniff around for you so long as you don't mind coming all the way in to the Loop.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Power flickering at home so sitting in the local Starbucks for the wi-fi.
Guy sees my shirt (random car shirt) starts talking to me about cars. "Yeah man I've got this new Subaru Ascent. It's got a 2.5L turbo. It's pretty fast man. Does 60 in like 7."
CSB.
bummer, do you lose power frequently?

Lol at CSB story. ive been involved in those types of "car guy" talks before.

Once you get the "how much horsepower?" question, usually where it goes downhill.
LOL
I'm considering getting out.... when I land, I can certainly sniff around for you so long as you don't mind coming all the way in to the Loop.

would probably prefer that since close to chicago , commute probably way easier using public transportation :iono:

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
LOL

I'd love to work in the loop. The addison blue line is a 5 min walk from my house. Sure beats the hour+ commute to the burbs every day.

I'm topped out at my company, director of business/product development and there's not going to be any more big raises despite showing them an 16:1 ROI last quarter.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
I'm topped out at my company, director of business/product development and there's not going to be any more big raises despite showing them an 16:1 ROI last quarter.

Yeah I hear ya. Part of the reason I'm considering leaving. I'm paid well where I'm atand enjouy my team/coworkers/boss but I have nowhere to go. I can do a lateral and pick up more work + my old team from my previous tenure here... but there's nowhere to go there, either. The only people I'd be willing to work under are company lifers who are also under-titled and aren't going anywhere unless they die. So that caps out everybody under them.

And our division is doing really well - but being part of a much, much larger company... our portion makes up like 10% of the total #. And before we can bonus out, the entire company has to do well. We can (and often do) work furiously and kill our #'s every quarter but when another division responsible fo 40% is slacking... we all get hosed. "Thanks for exceeding target by 20%.... unfortunately that other division over there, that has nothing to do with us, missed target... therefore no bonuses this year. Sorry."

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Yeah I hear ya. Part of the reason I'm considering leaving. I'm paid well where I'm atand enjouy my team/coworkers/boss but I have nowhere to go. I can do a lateral and pick up more work + my old team from my previous tenure here... but there's nowhere to go there, either. The only people I'd be willing to work under are company lifers who are also under-titled and aren't going anywhere unless they die. So that caps out everybody under them.

And our division is doing really well - but being part of a much, much larger company... our portion makes up like 10% of the total #. And before we can bonus out, the entire company has to do well. We can (and often do) work furiously and kill our #'s every quarter but when another division responsible fo 40% is slacking... we all get hosed. "Thanks for exceeding target by 20%.... unfortunately that other division over there, that has nothing to do with us, missed target... therefore no bonuses this year. Sorry."
Story of my damn life right there. I'm constantly bailing out other departments when it comes to budget, very frustrating.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Story of my damn life right there. I'm constantly bailing out other departments when it comes to budget, very frustrating.

Yeah.

Leaving here (again) is going to be tough. It was a lot easier to leave when it was a "Fuck this place". I see it now for what it is, and it's actually a pretty good place to work. For me, I fell off the appropriate "career trajectory" years ago without realizing it, and there's no way for me to get back on the right trajectory without quitting. So now I've got to decide what's more important... getting back on the right path, or merely "settling in" where I'm at. Being 41 years old now... I'm behind, and settling in might certainly mean total death for career advancement.

Status
Not open for further replies.