GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wires on front driver side brake pad?

jebusfreek666

Ready to race!
Ok, so a little back ground. The car I bought has TTRS front calipers on it currently. I am swapping them out with stock GTI calipers so I can get smaller wheels with a thicker tire for more comfort. I ordered new stop tech rotors and pads, and picked up some used calipers online. I noticed that the calipers I bought have 1 pad in them with wires and a plastic connector, as do the replacement stop tech pads. I am assuming this is for monitoring for overheating, but I am not sure.

When I pulled the rotor off, I can see that the previous owner must have cut the wires and shrink wrapped them since the TTRS pads don't have this connection. It was then zip tied to the brake line. It was cut about 3 inches after the V, where it breaks off from the other connector that goes to the bottom, which I think is for the TPMS.

My question is, is this wire easy to replace? If my car has this feature, it would be nice to have it working. It seem like I would have to replace the entire thing, both the one that is present (tpms) and the one that is missing. If it is not an easy/cheap fix, should I just clip the wires from the new pad before installing it?