GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Revo vs. APR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CW12

Ready to race!
I am planning to buy a DP and have it installed as well as a Stage 1 Flash at the same time. Now my question is first which Downpipe? Second I have a Magnaflow CBE I plan to go catless, should I get resonated? Third Should I do APR or Revo? I have an APR dealer about 80 miles away and a Revo dealer about 50 miles away. I had a Revo flash on my old 1.8T Passat and it was great, never had anything APR though.

To answer your tune question...APR.

Downpipe, SPM seems to be a good choice for the price but I like the AWE personally for the CEL free operation if you don't plan on upgrading your turbo to something that needs 3".

Storch

Go Kart Champion
I would get the SPM downpipe, and go with whichever dealer is closest to you, which would be revo

+1 for SPM, the pieces coming from them look amazing. in regards to tuning, I personally am going APR after all the great reviews / customer service but Revo is good too :thumbsup:

GTIwannagofast

Ready to race!

SkullV

Thunderbunny.....
I'm sure revo's flash itself is ok. It's the support and the fact that you don't have to deal with Revo/Stasis employees that puts APR so far over the edge.

Lou Maiuri

Banned
Drive the extra 30 miles and get the APR tune.

Edit: Actually, gather as much feedback as you can about both locations. Although the tunes might be sound, the people installing them might not be. I was lucky enough to have a quality APR dealer right down the road (what up NGP). In this case, the shop doing the work is just as important as the tune itself. Don't want a fried ECU.

But I would still go with APR given overall engineering and customer service.

Why are you getting a DP and flashed to stage I? Gains with a DP are somewhat negligible and not needed for Stage I. You may as well flash up to Stage II if you are getting the DP installed.

CW12

Ready to race!
There is really zero feedback on either shop as far as tunes. The Revo shop has good feedback as far as general maintenance work and whatnot. My only issue with the APR shop is they won't install parts not purchased from them. I am not buying a $900 APR DP from them, when I can get many others for $399. I do like APR's reputation and customer support. I have never delt with Revo as a company, only with Grossman Tuning in Louisville, KY which are awesome guys. However Louisville is a 3 hour drive for me, but might be worth it for quality install work.

As for someone mentioning Stage II, I don't want to do that right now because the clutch will be toast. I plan to wait until atleast next year or later to go SB Clutch and Stage II+. Having a baby in November, so we will see how finances go from there, and maybe at tax return time I might go deeper in the engine/drivetrain. Right now the car is only 2 months old and has only 2K miles on it.

SkullV

Thunderbunny.....
Why are you getting a DP and flashed to stage I? Gains with a DP are somewhat negligible and not needed for Stage I. You may as well flash up to Stage II if you are getting the DP installed.

Cool! Another guy who has no idea what they are talking about!

Most of the gains are from the hardware, stage 2 does add a little on top though and drivability is improved.

Status
Not open for further replies.