GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR in Toronto, Canada

mikeydubs

Ready to race!
I just wonder if it is worth resurrecting this thread.

I now have my 2011. I have gotten over the thought of going with Revo so a VW dealer can do it.
I will go with APR when the 2011 is flash-able.

I have called Mario at K&H Rads a couple of times and even drove out there to talk to him in person, and I must say, he doesn't seem to know much about APR chipping. I know a couple of people here are recommending him but talking to him didn't instil confidence in me.

I called Euroline Performance and he didn't even know that there was a new software coming for the 2011.

I know these guys are doing other upgrades and not just APR chipping of GTIs but I really don't like how they seem not to know about anything.

I have heard good things about H2Sport but they are more expensive and a bit far for me. If the VW dealership overwrites the ECU it is quite a distance (and cost they charge to re-flash) to drive out there.

H2Sport has a 'subsidiary' called McNally Auto in North York that would be quite convenient. Anyone have anything on these guys?

Any one else done any research on this lately?

Given their reputation, I'd say it's worth the drive to H2Sport. Software updates released by VW don't come out that often, do they? I honestly don't know. Also, given the sheer volume of people who are tuned with APR, I think it's a safe bet that you likely won't have problems that keep you running back and forth to the shop.

I just got mine done 2 days ago at H2Sport, fully loaded tune. Took less than an hour. $791 after tax. They had a guy walk me through the controls while Jordan did up the paperwork. Efficient!

Holy F is all I can say about the tune. :burnrubber:

fredf

Go Kart Champion
I must say that I am leaning toward H2Sport based on their reputation. Just talking to either Euroline or Mario at K&H Radiators did not instill much confidence.

As I said, if it needs to be re-flashed that would be a pain to drive back out there but hopefully the original flash will be trouble-free and if the dealer wipes out the flash with a factory update it will only happen every couple of years.

boostedmk6

Go Kart Champion
I have purchased a few items from H2sport and will be definately going back for stage one. These guys are down to earth and know their shit. Worth it IMO.

fastmedic32

I've had nothing but the best service and experience from Pfaff Tuning. A little but more expensive but well worth it. Extremely knowledgeable staff, and they will back any work done. I'll be going back next summer for intake work.
:thumbsup:

Boner

Passed Driver's Ed
H2Sport hands down ! Waiting for dp to arrive before scheduling appointment to go to stage 2 . Complete with stage 1& 2 intake. Have had stage 1 for 18,000 km's with no issues. Gas mileage at 7.4 lts/100 avg. Money well spent !!

asylum

Ready to race!
I must say that I am leaning toward H2Sport based on their reputation. Just talking to either Euroline or Mario at K&H Radiators did not instill much confidence.

This is Mario from K&H. Im sorry that you didnt feel comfortable with the answers I gave you. Unfortunately there isnt much I can answer when the software isnt available yet for your car.

gti grl1

Ready to race!
Hey Guys, I just saw these posts. I recently upgraded the Ecu software to stage 2+ from Apr. I had it done at H2 Sport. The Car is so amazing with this software. Keeping in mind for stage 2 you want to ensure you have the exhaust and intake done as well for optimal performance. Tom and Jordan were very informative.. Here is the number 905.702.8299.Give them a quick call im sure they will be able to answer your questions.. I will be taking the car back to have the Met inject kit done. Good luck.

Boner

Passed Driver's Ed
GTI girl , Had H2sport flash stage 2 with stage 1&2 APR intake and Billy Boat DP. It's rained every minute I had it done so have not been able to explore the added power. What is a Met injection Kit ? Tom said your exhaust sounds great is it Billy Boat as well ?

O-III

Ready to race!
Didn't want to mod my car at all, but might have to give in and do at least Stage 1 - got smoked by a Dodge Caliber this morning. Very upsetting!

gti grl1

Ready to race!
GTI girl , Had H2sport flash stage 2 with stage 1&2 APR intake and Billy Boat DP. It's rained every minute I had it done so have not been able to explore the added power. What is a Met injection Kit ? Tom said your exhaust sounds great is it Billy Boat as well ?

The Exhaust sounds great.. Yes it is a Billy Boat. The car runs great.. I have to take it back next summer to have the Metanol Kit done in order to run it at 100 octane.

Civilized_Hatch

Ready to race!
sorry to bring back from the dead, but I'm starting to look into chipping my car... still very new with about 2100kms on it, but I've heard nothing but good about doing this mod... is H2Sport still the place to go guys? I'm in Milton, so it's not that far, about 30 mins or so... this is what's available on their site.. is this a pretty good price?

APR Software for 2011 GTIs now available!

APR has finally released software for the 2011 GTIs.

While the majority of 2011 GTI ECUs should be programmable, we will need to see the car in person to confirm availability.

Pricing: $685 plus tax for a Fully Loaded Flash!

Includes Stock, 91, 93 and 100 octane programs as well as Fault Code Erase/Throttle Body Alignment, Security Lockout and Anti-Theft functions.

Call (905-702-8299) or email (info@h2sport.com) for an appointment today!

boostedmk6

Go Kart Champion
sorry to bring back from the dead, but I'm starting to look into chipping my car... still very new with about 2100kms on it, but I've heard nothing but good about doing this mod... is H2Sport still the place to go guys? I'm in Milton, so it's not that far, about 30 mins or so... this is what's available on their site.. is this a pretty good price?

H2 is definately the place you want to go. They've done plenty of our cars and prices are reasonable.

fredf

Go Kart Champion
Although I went to K&H Rads, given where you're located H2Sport is definitely the place to go. The price is quite reasonable and they do excellent work.

Civilized_Hatch

Ready to race!
thanks for the replies guy.. just starting to do some research on this now.. I've only had my car for a little over a month and love it, but can't ignore all this talk about this mod... as a ex Honda guy I was always jealous of the VW guys and thet gains they get with a "simple" flash

I'm willing to pay a bit more for the service.. so what H2 is offering now ($775ish all in) is good? I certainly don't want to overpay if I don't have to, but won't want to drive an hour or more to save $50... anyone know if this includes labour/install?