GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Almost didn't pass RECON - With DG SPRINGS!

E-Rocko

Ready to race!
cool beans. You should join the Edition808 group on FB. Seems like the main way everyone is communicating, nowadays. There isn't too much traffic on this subforum.

UNFOGIVABLE

Go Kart Champion
Do I need Recon for my Recon Drone?

kurupt_hawaiian

Ready to race!
Yeah, recon is stupid. I never even tried to get it because I know I'll fail. haha.

oempls

Go Kart Champion
Wow that is wild, I always thought california was mad for mods... this is a whole new level... That's how it is over in western europe.

Moving from Hawaii to Cali was just as much a PITA. Recon is "required" for modded cars but alot of people get away with it. I lived there two years with a lowered MK4 and MK6 with no issues. As for Cali, there is no skipping out on smog.

javiersan93

Hey, going to HI mid-2018. Has anyone you know failed recon for having an exhaust that is deemed too loud? I have a Beluga Racing exhaust and APR DP. It is sorta loud on WOT, but somewhat quiet otherwise.

Thanks in advance!

vex

Passed Driver's Ed
javiersan, the guys I knew never had an issue with their exhaust being too loud. I remember the main reasons for guys getting recon were for lowering/raising the car, tint and/or rims. Although, it's been years since I've looked into the recon requirements so I'm not too much help. I think you'll be fine imo.

Welcome to the islands in advance!