GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK6 GTI Multiple Cylinder Misfire

DillLance05

If the check engine light is flashing you shouldn't drive the car. Bring it to the dealer. Sounds like it could be the classic intake manifold flapper thingy failure and/or carbon buildup which has probly gunked up your injectors as well.

Dealer won't do anything for the manifold warranty unless you're throwing those codes. While they are replacing the manifold have them do the carbon cleaning.

The cleaning is all you should have to pay for. If they replace the manifold and don't do the cleaning, you're car will still misfire and run like poo poo.

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk
2010 should have intake mani extended warranty

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Thanks for the information you guys. I am bringing the car to the dealer tomorrow morning. I will definitely tell them about what both of you said. I will keep you guys updated as I hear what goes on. I appreciate the help!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for the information you guys. I am bringing the car to the dealer tomorrow morning. I will definitely tell them about what both of you said. I will keep you guys updated as I hear what goes on. I appreciate the help!

Carbon clean should only be like $200 if their already doing manifold under warranty

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

DillLance05

I dropped the car off at VW last friday, just got news from the mechanic, he says the timing chain and tensioners need to be replaced... could this cause the misfire? I just want to be sure before I drop $1,000

slowgti08

Ready to race!
I dropped the car off at VW last friday, just got news from the mechanic, he says the timing chain and tensioners need to be replaced... could this cause the misfire? I just want to be sure before I drop $1,000

Not that i know of. maybe he noticed it is an earlier revision and would like you to update to prevent a failed tensioner/ stretched chain.

DillLance05

I have reasoning to believe the chain is already streach'd... And theres no way to tell if it is unless you take it apart I believe... really lost now, I told him to go ahead and put a new chain and tensioner and rollers... I got a feeling this isnt going to fix the misfire issues and the problem will continue to persist.

slowgti08

Ready to race!
Most Likely not. My bet is Intake Manifold/ Carbon Build Up. Carbon Build up can be checked with a boroscope. A Stretched chain can be checked with Vagcom. An older revision tensioner can be seen through a peek hole through the timing cover.

DillLance05

Alright, i just texted the mechanic at VW and let him know about what you said. Ill keep you updated, thanks for the info buddy!

slowgti08

Ready to race!
Alright, i just texted the mechanic at VW and let him know about what you said. Ill keep you updated, thanks for the info buddy!

No problem, But at your mileage i would do the timing chain service. However, it wont solve your misfire issues. Hopefully, its carbon build up, Most likely at your mileage if it hasn't been done before. I would also replace the Manifold for the newest revision. The older revision had issues with the flap motor arm. I had a similar issue as you, however my car misfired only on cold starts. Which signified Carbon Buildup, then i also received the intake manifold P2015 code. Had the manifold replaced and carbon cleaned, and has been good as new since.

DillLance05

No problem, But at your mileage i would do the timing chain service. However, it wont solve your misfire issues. Hopefully, its carbon build up, Most likely at your mileage if it hasn't been done before. I would also replace the Manifold for the newest revision. The older revision had issues with the flap motor arm. I had a similar issue as you, however my car misfired only on cold starts. Which signified Carbon Buildup, then i also received the intake manifold P2015 code. Had the manifold replaced and carbon cleaned, and has been good as new since.
Thanks for the insight man... I really appreciate it. Hopefully I can get it sorted out already, Ill let you know what happens for sure.

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
This x2 :)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

gsxrr7

Thanks for the insight man... I really appreciate it. Hopefully I can get it sorted out already, Ill let you know what happens for sure.

I'm having similar issues. Do you have an update on your situation?