GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2018 VW ATLAS

Rickybobbi

Ready to race!
The wife and I are looking to trade in the Mercedes for a bigger SUV. Was getting something from the VW dealership and the wife fell in love with the new ATLAS exec line with R package. Anyone own one or know someone that owns one. Just looking for some feedback\thoughts on this vehicle, as it being the first gen.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
I considered one & thought it'd be my go to vehicle (being a VW loyalist), as we needed something bigger, and it was very nice. The wife loved it as well. The R-line is super sharp looking too.
BUT, for me, the V6 was lethargic (IMO) in comparison to the competition while getting terrible gas mileage. If it's gonna get terrible mileage regardless, AT LEAST be somewhat quick (not slow).
I have the same V6 in my (2017) Passat and it moves nicely, but in the bigger/heavier Atlas....not so much.
And the leasing sucked in comparison to the competition as well

ben_m

Ready to race!
Are you looking to Buy or Lease? What about kids? I know the Atlas has a feature where the 2nd row seat tilts forward, even with a car seat for easy access to the 3rd row.

My issue was that for the money, I was able to lease a MDX for the same payment...