GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sequential/dynamic rear turn signals

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
They must be the same as Supernova's because they look identical and came out the same time. I've never owned Vland but what you just said corroborates everything I've heard about them.

What brand are you using for yours?

I don't really want to go OEM because of the cost, and I have LED tails already, but the inner lights are pretty faded and it's driving me crazy. I was thinking about just putting some red tint on them.

zug

Passed Driver's Ed
What brand are you using for yours?

I don't really want to go OEM because of the cost, and I have LED tails already, but the inner lights are pretty faded and it's driving me crazy. I was thinking about just putting some red tint on them.

I designed my own strips using high quality parts like Cree LEDs and I'm having American manufacturers make and assemble them. They're expensive to make from start to finish but the quality is top notch. The reason I made my own is because the strips on the market are either the wrong length or not bright enough. The old prototype shown in the video I posted uses LED strips available on the market but they are not nearly bright enough for daytime driving.

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
They must be the same as Supernova's because they look identical and came out the same time. I've never owned Vland but what you just said corroborates everything I've heard about them.

same thing with supernovas sequential side mirrors they are the same sold om ebay but for double the cost. To me looks like Supernova is just selling chinese made products but with a higher mark up. I tried asking Supernova about who makes their tails but they won't reply back now. It's pretty obvious on who does though.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I designed my own strips using high quality parts like Cree LEDs and I'm having American manufacturers make and assemble them. They're expensive to make from start to finish but the quality is top notch. The reason I made my own is because the strips on the market are either the wrong length or not bright enough. The old prototype shown in the video I posted uses LED strips available on the market but they are not nearly bright enough for daytime driving.

Oh, I'm an idiot and didn't realize you guys were talking about the LEDs themselves. I thought it was the brand of the tail lights.

zug

Passed Driver's Ed
Oh, I'm an idiot and didn't realize you guys were talking about the LEDs themselves. I thought it was the brand of the tail lights.

We are talking about the brand of tail lights. The complete tail light housings available on eBay and from Supernova are made by the Chinese brand Vland.

I'm not selling the tail lights themselves, but rather an LED strip that must be inserted into the tail light. Mine are designed and manufactured in the U.S.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
lol, gotcha...thought I saw a post that said you were selling it both ways, but I guess I didn't

zug

Passed Driver's Ed
lol, gotcha...thought I saw a post that said you were selling it both ways, but I guess I didn't
Yes, for those who don't want to install it themselves, I can send out a set of modified tail lights with them installed but I'll never have tail lights with these installed from the factory. Hopefully I explained that clearly. All of the details will be announced next month when they're ready.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
My ebay tails have been holding up just fine? :iono:
Florida sun and rain.

Cal2000

Go Kart Champion
Yes, for those who don't want to install it themselves, I can send out a set of modified tail lights with them installed but I'll never have tail lights with these installed from the factory. Hopefully I explained that clearly. All of the details will be announced next month when they're ready.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Can’t wait!

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
My ebay tails have been holding up just fine? :iono:
Florida sun and rain.

just give it time if they are Vland's brand they won't last long

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion

Are Depos vland? or is there an aftermarket tail light that's better than the rest? I'm not even sure what brand mine are lol, whatever USP sold me at a car show.

Cal2000

Go Kart Champion
Are Depos vland? or is there an aftermarket tail light that's better than the rest? I'm not even sure what brand mine are lol, whatever USP sold me at a car show.

My understanding is that Depos are made Taiwan and Vland in China.
I have been pretty happy with my Depos in terms of fitment (adjustable w/ torx screws) and finish so far. I don’t think Vland tails have torx screws for fine adjustability.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
im pretty sure mine were listed as Helix/Depo but im not sure exactly and the listing has since been removed because it was so long ago.

JNV

Passed Driver's Ed

:thumbsup:

I will be very attentive to the publications you make.
Tks zug

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion

No depo and vland are different they aren't the same. Depo are better when it comes to quality and fitment.