GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Jay's 13' Wolfsburg Track Car Build

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
Moving on now to the other stuff now. Removed the neuspeed intercooler last night. Sold it to a buddy and it's getting installed on his car tomorrow.

There's really not a 'ton' left to do. Have to install the eurojet intercooler, oil cooler, turbo blanket, rebuild the brakes, re seat the rotors, install the axles, and replace the endlinks which I just found to be completely shot. - I think that's it.

Oh and then get a corner balance and alignment.

I was a bit upset finding the endlinks in the shape they were in.. But I guess they've been abused quite a lot. Probably 25 or so track days on them.

You gonna get her on the road before the season is over?

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
oh wow

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Removing my other side front strut yesterday was a problem. The nutsert in the 034 strut mount stripped. This has happened on other cars that I've worked on in the past and actually happened to ^ Riceburners car as well the day prior. Most of the time you can put a vice grip on the bottom side to hold it and then it comes out. Mine of course is being stubborn so I am having to cut the mount out. Had to remove the cowl to be able to impact the strut bolt off which allowed me to remove the strut while leaving the strut mount in. Big pain in the ass.

Love these milwaukee tools though.

^ and yes the bearing crumbled when I dropped the strut. The bearing is actually seized into the strut mount. Never seen that happen before, of course it would though on my car. 35 or something track days on those mounts.

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
Tried searching around but have you dynod lately? I never have and was just wondering what youre making with that meth kit.

jay745

Tried searching around but have you dynod lately? I never have and was just wondering what youre making with that meth kit.
I have not dyno'd since it was stage 2 and in the early stages of the build. Theres a lot that has happened since. Not sure but I walk away from other k04 gtis pretty easy. The meth kit is so worth it

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

jay745

Speaking of things happening. Productive day today. Got the stripped strut mount out finally, ended up cutting it out and using a pry bar to snap the bolt. Either way its out. Got the coilover in and mounted the remote reservoir.

Also installed the raxles racing axle on the drivers side. Passenger will come this week as I have to turn the car around and it can't roll yet.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

zef

Drag Racing Champion
What are your first impression of the axles? They definitely look a bit beefier.