GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

cam follower

bebersol

Ready to race!
I'm posting a pic of 2 HPFP cam followers.
the one on the left changed out at 21,000 mi is the factory cam follower, run with Castrol 5-40 full synthetic purchased from the dealer. I changed the breakin oil at 1,000 mi.
The one on the right was changed at 43,000 mi (22,000 mi of use) and run with liquimoly 5-40 full synthetic.

it looks new.

Attachments

• cam followers.jpg
    cam followers.jpg
    310.5 KB · Views: 671

-SnowmanMafia-

Passed Driver's Ed
Are you tuned? I replaced mine when I got the car w/ 30k miles. Went stage 1 the week I bought it and am replacing the cam follower next month after 10k miles. Interested to see what it looks like.

TimS

Go Kart Newbie
I've been lucky, I've never needed to replace mine. I did it at 80k miles just as a matter of course, but it still looked new. The replacement is still good 45k later.

CharT99

I checked my cam follower at 40k miles of Stage 1. There was a silver spot in the middle of black DLC coating, but the surface looked smooth. I probably could've checked it at 60k with no worries but I changed it since I already had it out.

Dno78

After reading forums before buying my R with 61000 on the clock I insisted that it gets replaced. This was how it looked...

...I don't know if it had been replaced before, but if that was the first time it doesn't look bad I think. The cam follower conversion kit is on my list to do when I can afford it.

bebersol

Ready to race!
@Dno78, that looks great for 61k, I personally think the break-in is when most of the wear occurs.