GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Project for the TDI

85RedGolf2.5

Go Kart Champion
BRO YOU KNOW REALLY HOW TO MAKE CAR LIKE A SHIT

Please enlighten me on what the hell you mean by "like a shit". I am so lost right now. Not sure if this is a compliment or a complaint.

OnePerfectDose

Ready to race!
Props to your car! I really like it, put a whole new spin on it. I think if you lowered it just a tad and do the lights like you mentioned its gonna look awesome! Keep us posted.

85RedGolf2.5

Go Kart Champion
Props to your car! I really like it, put a whole new spin on it. I think if you lowered it just a tad and do the lights like you mentioned its gonna look awesome! Keep us posted.

Thanks. Not sure when the next update will be. I'm leaving for the Navy in a week. And will be gone for a couple of months...

mipakr

Passed Driver's Ed
Wood trim in a car is not my style. That being said, the wrap around the radio surround and center of the dash really breaks up the bland interior on the MK6. How long did that take?

85RedGolf2.5

Go Kart Champion
Wood trim in a car is not my style. That being said, the wrap around the radio surround and center of the dash really breaks up the bland interior on the MK6. How long did that take?

It took probably a total of 2 days time. And partially the reason for such a long time is I don't have a proper heat gun so I had to use my wife's hair dryer. This made for some mistakes that had to be redone. But all in all, it turned out great. Now I'm trying to decide on what next. I noticed in the TDI Pictures thread someone did wood grained mirror caps... I might do that or I might do the black background of the rear emblem in wood trim.

85RedGolf2.5

Go Kart Champion
I know it is dirty, but I did a couple of things to the car over the last few days while I'm using up my Paid Time Off from work before I start a new job...
I painted the VW emblems front and rear in a metallic silver with clear coat along with the chrome rings around the fogs. Subtle but different. I also picked up a "diesel" emblem from an old Isuzu pickup and painted it to match as well and added it. Not sure if I like it or not yet. I also painted the hatch pop handle behind the emblem as well to match the car, no more black butthole disease.

85RedGolf2.5

Go Kart Champion
Bump, what do y'all think?

DowneyTDI

Ready to race!
The VW emblems look good!, especially the rear one. I'm not a fan of the "diesel" emblem though. I like the idea of the "diesel" emblem, I just think that it doesn't match the look of the car because it's in written in itallic.

85RedGolf2.5

Go Kart Champion
I've been home since Tuesday, and was just enjoying the time home after being out on the road for the last two months; and on Friday night, a deer decided it was a great time to play Frogger with my car. The car is not totalled, but it needs the hood repaired, fender fixed, both headlights replaced (hopefully insurance will let me do aftermarket), and all the grill pieces replaced. I am not sure what is to come of the bumper, the shop says it is repairable... But if the insurance allows aftermarket instead of oem in the repairs, I'm picking the parts and going with the chrome accented grille pieces all around, and Eds Chrome R Style headlights (no led). I found that for 500 bucks from EDs, it is cheaper than buying oem halogens...

mipakr

Passed Driver's Ed
I've been home since Tuesday, and was just enjoying the time home after being out on the road for the last two months; and on Friday night, a deer decided it was a great time to play Frogger with my car. The car is not totalled, but it needs the hood repaired, fender fixed, both headlights replaced (hopefully insurance will let me do aftermarket), and all the grill pieces replaced. I am not sure what is to come of the bumper, the shop says it is repairable... But if the insurance allows aftermarket instead of oem in the repairs, I'm picking the parts and going with the chrome accented grille pieces all around, and Eds Chrome R Style headlights (no led). I found that for 500 bucks from EDs, it is cheaper than buying oem halogens...

Cars can be rebuilt or replaced. Luckily you are still alive and well.

Now, if you were looking for a set of his "option 2" headlights, I've got a pair I doubt I will ever get around to installing. PM for details if interested.

85RedGolf2.5

Go Kart Champion
The thing about that is, the body shop will have to be the one purchasing and will need to show the invoice to the insurance company... if they buy from Eds, then there will be an invoice to show.

Chris@Revo USA

Go Kart Champion
They don't show the insurance company invoices. Insurance covers your loss, nothing else. Outside of the rules of your policy for types of parts and state laws (example WV requires OE for first 2 years) you can do whatever you want. They can cut you a check and you can burn it if you want.

They asses a loss and that is it if you want to use head lights that are 500 bucks more you pay if you want to use headlights that are 500 bucks less you keep it. Granted they don't have to warranty that part of the repair if your policy carries a warranty.

85RedGolf2.5

Go Kart Champion
So, what headlights would go good with the style and look I have going so far?

85RedGolf2.5

Go Kart Champion
Made a decision, going with OPD's helix depo lights... not that bad on price and shipping is included... Hopefully I can get pics up of the finished product when I get back from the road.