GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BringerOdeath's "Better late than never build log"

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
No, but I know you can have flutter at high RPMs. Are you having that issue? I know you can order upgraded springs and valves from a few different companies, like integrated engineering.

I don't have a K04 just yet lol. But figured I'd ask you since you have the same year car as me. I'm just going to pray for no valve float.

BringerOdeath

Ready to race!

BringerOdeath

Ready to race!
I got folding mirrors installed on my car this last weekend that I had sitting in storage for six months. I have a bit of an issue where the mirrors fold when on the defrost setting instead of the fold setting, which I am sure is reversed. I already swapped the 14 and 15 pins which corrected the mirrors only adjusting when folded and that every setting except fold would fold the mirrors. I am guessing i may have to swap pins somewhere else..... although the mirrors are adjusting correctly, just the fold and unfold are reversed.....

My GF took a picture of my car this weekend and gave it the HDR treatment:

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Nice car man! Like the build. We have pretty similar themes... All around badass street car :)

I wanna see those seats installed! Just finished restitching some black gti leathers I swapped but but want something else like Audi seats or braums

Tony48

Go Kart Champion
Great photo! And add me to the list of people anxious to see the TT seats in your car.

Also, hope you get the folding mirrors sorted out. Sounds like you're on the home stretch. Power folding mirrors and mirror dip on reverse are features I really wish our cars came with from the factory in the US! When you upgrade to power folding mirrors do you also get the dip on reverse feature?

BringerOdeath

Ready to race!
Nice car man! Like the build. We have pretty similar themes... All around badass street car :)

Thanks man! Yeah, my car is my daily driver, but it's also my autocross car, so all these bad ass mods do actually get used for something outside of looks! Do you have a build log?

I wanna see those seats installed! Just finished restitching some black gti leathers I swapped but but want something else like Audi seats or braums

I actually put the mk6 GTI leather seats in my car after I realized that the TT seats, although more aggressive and fancy, were not as comfortable for daily driving. I didn't mid it, but my GF hated them, except the fact that the back was powered as she hates that German car "wheel adjuster" for the seat back. I am thinking I will get some fully powered VW seat frames from the junkyard and transfer the cushions from the mk6 GTI leather seats..... ;)

The TT seats are for sale, If anyone is interested in them and wants to come pick them up for $400

Now that's a nice modded Mk6 GTI!! The BBk is legitness :clap::thumbsup::w00t:

Thanks man! How has your car been? Was it the RMS that was leaking?

Great photo! And add me to the list of people anxious to see the TT seats in your car.

Also, hope you get the folding mirrors sorted out. Sounds like you're on the home stretch. Power folding mirrors and mirror dip on reverse are features I really wish our cars came with from the factory in the US! When you upgrade to power folding mirrors do you also get the dip on reverse feature?

I have some pics somewhere of the seats when they were in the car, I will have to upload them.

The power folding mirrors do come with the reverse dip. I have to figure the coding out as it goes wherever it wants and then goes back to some random position when i come out of reverse.

I have an extra Dip mirror motor with the wire harness and the door module for the right side, if you wanted to add "Da dip". When I dip, you dip, we dip! :p

I have been adding every euro spec option back into the car that we have been denied here in the USA. LOL. Quite the task sometimes. I added the rain light sensor with auto dimming mirror(working on getting auto dimming side view mirrors), aspherical mirrors, Auto headlights, pop up reverse camera, led tail lights, folding mirrors with dip and close with key fob, euro cup holder, 115v inverter(normally in jettas), door warning and mirror puddle lights, etc. I want the color 3d MFD as well, but that seam to be hard to find without paying the big bucks for a Euro premium cluster.....

BringerOdeath

Ready to race!
It's been a while since my last build update, but I have a bigger one I am installing this week! KW DDC ECU Coilovers! Also, swapping to the one piece TT/Passat subframe!

BringerOdeath

Ready to race!
Did ya get this stuff installed yet?

I got them installed, but I haven't run the wiring. Ran out of time, sadly, but I will be finishing it this weekend! along with the TT subframe and I have to replace some shot end links too.... :(

Chobey

Passed Driver's Ed
Got any photos of the cayenne exhaust tips installed? Thinking of doing a similar setup on my car. Nice build!

BringerOdeath

Ready to race!
Best of luck! Looking forward to hearing your impressions.

I finally got everything installed and working, but getting the button mounted here may be harder than I thought. I may need to source smaller button to fit it in the button location in the center console where an oem button would be for DCC.
https://imgur.com/a/uUAIi0E

Still going strong...nice man

Yeah man, the car is crazier than EVER.

Got any photos of the cayenne exhaust tips installed? Thinking of doing a similar setup on my car. Nice build!

I havent installed them after installing SPM exhaust. Going to soon though.