GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Noise Pipe has Oil in it, why?...

yoffer

Go Kart Newbie
just get a catch can, it will remove 95% of that oil.

But you will still be paying for a valve cleaning at 30k miles, so whats the point? Will it remove some oil? Yes, but not enough to the point where you would significantly decrease your valve cleaning intervals, its been shown time and time again that CC will not reduce carbon buildup. You still see people with expensive CC getting the valve cleaning job done, whether they do it themselves or pay a shop to do it, they're still having to do it. And for $400+ on a "good" CC thats money in the bank for the valve cleaning your going to have to pay for anyway.

allset

Go Kart Champion
just get a catch can, it will remove 95% of that oil.

ive always been on the fence with CC's...also i have zero room to mount it in they bay.

i always picture a pool of oil in the bottom of my IC tho...

allset

Go Kart Champion
But you will still be paying for a valve cleaning at 30k miles, so whats the point? Will it remove some oil? Yes, but not enough to the point where you would significantly decrease your valve cleaning intervals, its been shown time and time again that CC will not reduce carbon buildup. You still see people with expensive CC getting the valve cleaning job done, whether they do it themselves or pay a shop to do it, they're still having to do it. And for $400+ on a "good" CC thats money in the bank for the valve cleaning your going to have to pay for anyway.

vendors used to heavliy advertise that valve carbon reduction thing too.