GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

To upgrade or Not to upgrade, tis the question!

85RedGolf2.5

Go Kart Champion
after reading up on it, the only model years I've seen that have been the big issue is the 09-10 model years, when the new CR 2.0 Came out... Have not seen ANY Documented 2012 Models with the issue... I searched the TDI Club forums and Google and not any mention of the 2012 (Yet...) From What I gather, it is mainly caused when someone fills up with NON Low Sulfur Diesel... or Gas. I talked to my uncle who says if it is a concern, Use a 1/8 quart measurement of Auto Trans Fluid in the fuel to add some lubricity to the diesel. A Lot of the Over the Road Truck drivers are adding Auto Trans Fluid to the mix to give some lubrication to the top end and fuel pumps on the rigs... The Mechanical fuel pump failure, or you guys call it, HPFP Failure is caused by friction and the cam follower turning... My guess is inferior fuel or the wrong type causing the follower to catch on the spring inside it, and thus not allowing the Follower to Follow the Cam... then it turns 90* and grenades itself.

I will be experimenting with adding either Trans fluid (small amounts) or Two Stroke oil to the lines to add the lubricating properties, But ONLY IF I or my Dealer sees Metal in the Fuel Filter...

topdawgx99

Passed Driver's Ed
oh how i wish that were true. i've read several 2012 tdi hpfp failures. also i several 2011 failures. i have not read any 2013 failures yet though. i have 2012 so i'm hoping for the best~