GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

YAAAAYYYYYY!!!! ...NEW TIRES

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
I had my last set of tires balanced 3 times at 3 different places with wobbling issues. FINALLY the last one had road force (why I chose them) and they ar efinally wobble free over 100mph. The other machines just don't spin them hard enough.

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
Oh, I like that wheel setup you got there! Do they come in a gunmetal color? Those look like a matte dark metallic/black color.

ROOSTER1050

Go Kart Champion
getting my Conti DWS in about a month. not looking forward to dropping the coin but can't wait for new tires.. these P Neros have definitely seen better days, are getting noisy as hell and are generally shit at this point

btw, where did you get it done? im looking at american tire depot and discount tire center.. i really have no idea who is better than the other.. some people say you have to get road force balanced.

are you getting DWS, or DW ?? If you can swing it , the conti Extreme Contact DW is a phenomenal tire, the DWS not as much being an all-season. I almost went with the DW, but kept the budget down a bit with the Bridgestones. A LOT of reading/research though, and these score as well as or better on occasion in tirerack testing and reviews. They also regularly scored higher than the Hankook V12's and Sumitomo HTR ZIII's -- both pretty decent "budget" performance tires...all with similar tread life rating, around 300-340 max. (hoping I dont kill them as quick as HARDCANDY up there!! )

I got mine done at American Tire -- smooth, quiet, balanced so far up to 80/85 no issues. We'll see
:D

Oh, I like that wheel setup you got there! Do they come in a gunmetal color? Those look like a matte dark metallic/black color.

yes they should -- they are VMR's, and they can be had in like, 40+ finishes. These are "textured black", which is matte and has a surface like fine grit sandpaper.... you can find a couple VMR threads on here with tons of pics of various finishes :thumbsup:

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
For the record the HTR ZIII had unbearable road noise after 10k miles for me. Tires weren't cupped or anything

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
They do tend to get loud. Great steering response though.

0 issues with the performance. But the trade-off was too great. I actually downsized wheels to 17s and got DWSs. They are a LOT quieter.

ROOSTER1050

Go Kart Champion
For the record the HTR ZIII had unbearable road noise after 10k miles for me. Tires weren't cupped or anything

oooh man that's good to know -- I was very close on those, but the Bridgestone scored better across the board, and locally I couldnt find them cheaper than the Bridgestone (or anyone that sells them :iono: )

I know unequivocally when I need tires next time, it will either be the conti DW or Mich PSS :thumbsup:

boostedmk6

Go Kart Champion
oooh man that's good to know -- I was very close on those, but the Bridgestone scored better across the board, and locally I couldnt find them cheaper than the Bridgestone (or anyone that sells them :iono: )

I know unequivocally when I need tires next time, it will either be the conti DW or Mich PSS :thumbsup:

A friend of mine has the Michelin PSS on his MK6 GTI and they are phenomenal. The grip is just insane and they ride extremely nice. Of course, anything is better then the A/S Pirelli.

J-Cooz

Go Kart Champion
Please keep this updated. I'm interested in your thoughts after a few thousand miles. Come spring ill be getting an all new summer setup and this tire is on my short list.