GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Gauging interest - All inclusive stage 3+ w/ tuning + installation - ~$4500

RGTI13

Go Kart Champion
You've got my interest. I'd probably even make the drive to do the install. Heck I drove to apr for their free install. Back when they did that at the bbq. Don't like the performance shops here.

How does it do on a car with weak valve springs

I don't know. I would assume if other companies have big turbo kits with weak valve springs working just fine, this is the same.

If it's installed in shop, it even has a tubular manifold for even BETTER flow. I would assume it would be no issue.. I think that was just for K04 and GTX28s.

james9120

Go Kart Champion
I don't know. I would assume if other companies have big turbo kits with weak valve springs working just fine, this is the same.

If it's installed in shop, it even has a tubular manifold for even BETTER flow. I would assume it would be no issue.. I think that was just for K04 and GTX28s.
I don't think a GTX28 would even have an issue because it flows much better than the K04. Its literally just a K04 issue lol.

RGTI13

Go Kart Champion
I don't think a GTX28 would even have an issue because it flows much better than the K04. Its literally just a K04 issue lol.

I believe they both had the issue. But regardless, I do not believe larger turbos have the issue.

recognized1

Go Kart Champion
I am curious to see what numbers the manifold will produce. You have my attention and I am not too far away residing in Orlando.

FLtrooper

Go Kart Champion
I believe they both had the issue. But regardless, I do not believe larger turbos have the issue.

Just the K04's RJ..

I have been around the shop that is doing these setups and can vouch that they are a good group of guys. The owner has plenty of experience with Eurodyne and the welder on staff is awesome!

;)

RGTI13

Go Kart Champion
I am curious to see what numbers the manifold will produce. You have my attention and I am not too far away residing in Orlando.

I made 395 WHP with the log style cast manifold. The tubular will not net much more at the same boost level. The tubular will just allow further growth down the line. We are hoping for a peak gain of 5-10 WHP for a true 400+.

envythez06

First off, VAP does top notch work for anyone who is wondering. They are the go to euro shop in SW Florida. Not to mention their on staff fabricator does amazing work, he's made up a couple custom R8 exhausts for friends and the quality is superb. Looking forward to seeing this kit on more GTI's!

RJ, when you going to get your motor built so you can do a roll against the ZR1 ;) ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RGTI13

Go Kart Champion
First off, VAP does top notch work for anyone who is wondering. They are the go to euro shop in SW Florida. Not to mention their on staff fabricator does amazing work, he's made up a couple custom R8 exhausts for friends and the quality is superb. Looking forward to seeing this kit on more GTI's!

RJ, when you going to get your motor built so you can do a roll against the ZR1 ;) ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hah! I'll probably be saving that up during the next few months and doing the work over the summer. Hoping for around July... I'll still race the ZR1 now. You know me, I don't care about losing. This Saturday? ;)

FLtrooper

Go Kart Champion
Hah! I'll probably be saving that up during the next few months and doing the work over the summer. Hoping for around July... I'll still race the ZR1 now. You know me, I don't care about losing. This Saturday? ;)

Just let me know the location so I can test out my new laser! Hehe j/k

:)

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
Well that sucks for west coasters.

I'm already Eurodyne and would have ti tuned to my car especially since it's 91 oct out here. Wouldn't want a cast manifold since I could get a discount on ATP.

What about fueling? Aftermarket injectors?

RGTI13

Go Kart Champion
Well that sucks for west coasters.

I'm already Eurodyne and would have ti tuned to my car especially since it's 91 oct out here. Wouldn't want a cast manifold since I could get a discount on ATP.

What about fueling? Aftermarket injectors?

ATP is a cast manifold. That's the exact manifold it would ship with. They have a 91 file for it... it just wouldn't make 400.

OEM fueling.