GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

master water/meth discussion thread

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Aren't you worried about spraying right before that 90 degree bend? Wouldn't that tend to cause the droplets to collect on on the wall due to the sharp change of direction?

This all depends on the boost level it start spraying at. I've had 0 condensation, and yes I've blasted the throttle, jacked up the car and removed the silicone coupler to check....

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
This all depends on the boost level it start spraying at. I've had 0 condensation, and yes I've blasted the throttle, jacked up the car and removed the silicone coupler to check....

Good to know. Thanks for the follow up.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
When car still pulls timing...lower max setting or go bigger? How do we decide? I still can't get the grasp of this..

Helpful info to include for a response would be....

1. Actual log of a 4th gear pull from 2500 to redline or 3rd gear uphill (need to do pull under load). Need to see how much timing is being pulled and at what rpms.

2. Current start and full setting

Nezoid

Ready to race!
So I am about to dive into the w/m world. I am about half way through this thread but would like any advice that someone might have.

I have been eyeing the AEM kit for a while now.. but now am seriously doubting that is the right path. I just like the price.. keeping it ebay racecar and all.

My goal is to be sub $500 and keep my IAT's as low as possible with the f23t. The options I'm considering...

AEM - cause price and all.. single nozzle. (<$400)
DevilsOwn dvc-30 stage 2 - dual nozzle(shy of $500)
Snow Performance Stage 2 Boost Cooler..dual nozzle ($500)

I really don't plan on creating a new tune for this setup...(maybe sometime in the future) I am really just wanting to keep the IAT's low when it gets hot and hummid. I would like/love to have the car to pull like it is sub 50 degrees F when it is 90 degrees, or as close to it as possible.

Now to the questions.

Can I get the results I want with each kit?

Throtle Body space is my plan..
AEM = 250cc nozzle
DO = 2 Micro droplet nozzles DO3,DO7 (D03 spacer.. D07 Post stock intercooler)
SP = 175 ml, 375 ml (same as DO)

Any thoughts/suggestions/favorites?

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Im kind of in the same scenario as you. Berger tuning makes a nice kit too for a great price alot of mk7 guys are running.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
So I am about to dive into the w/m world. I am about half way through this thread but would like any advice that someone might have.

I have been eyeing the AEM kit for a while now.. but now am seriously doubting that is the right path. I just like the price.. keeping it ebay racecar and all.

My goal is to be sub $500 and keep my IAT's as low as possible with the f23t. The options I'm considering...

AEM - cause price and all.. single nozzle. (<$400)
DevilsOwn dvc-30 stage 2 - dual nozzle(shy of $500)
Snow Performance Stage 2 Boost Cooler..dual nozzle ($500)

I really don't plan on creating a new tune for this setup...(maybe sometime in the future) I am really just wanting to keep the IAT's low when it gets hot and hummid. I would like/love to have the car to pull like it is sub 50 degrees F when it is 90 degrees, or as close to it as possible.

Now to the questions.

Can I get the results I want with each kit?

Throtle Body space is my plan..
AEM = 250cc nozzle
DO = 2 Micro droplet nozzles DO3,DO7 (D03 spacer.. D07 Post stock intercooler)
SP = 175 ml, 375 ml (same as DO)

Any thoughts/suggestions/favorites?

Yes, all of the kits will spray the same stuff and it works. I live in a very hot area of Calif (107 in summer) and have used water meth for years on my cars to tame the weather. Great stuff and yes you can retain most of your power. Generally for cooling I would put your nozzle(s) further away to allow for best evaporation which provides for best cooling. When/if you move up to a more aggressive tune like a 100octane tune then the TB spacer is where you will want to put an additional nozzle.

Nezoid

Ready to race!
Applicate the advice/guidance.. picked up a DevilsOwn kit w/throttle body spacer... I know opposite of what I am going for. I plan on doing dual nozzle.. cause why not.

I am about to purcahse the dual nozzle kit.. I have the d03(370ml/min)/d07 (640ml/min) coming to me..

Now to the questions....

what would be the max recommend nozzle size in the throttle body spacer? Can I run the d03(370ml/min) in the spacer (single nozzle). If I can I would use this short term if there is any benefits.. Should I lower the pump PSI? 150??..100psi?

d07 (640ml/min) seems overkill to use after the intercooler (correct me if wrong).

From what I've read.. I should run D01(60ml/min) (Throttle body Spacer) and d03(370ml/min) to DO4(440m/min) after intercooler.. pump @ 200psi.

Any suggestions?

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Applicate the advice/guidance.. picked up a DevilsOwn kit w/throttle body spacer... I know opposite of what I am going for. I plan on doing dual nozzle.. cause why not.

I am about to purcahse the dual nozzle kit.. I have the d03(370ml/min)/d07 (640ml/min) coming to me..

Now to the questions....

what would be the max recommend nozzle size in the throttle body spacer? Can I run the d03(370ml/min) in the spacer (single nozzle). If I can I would use this short term if there is any benefits.. Should I lower the pump PSI? 150??..100psi?

d07 (640ml/min) seems overkill to use after the intercooler (correct me if wrong).

From what I've read.. I should run D01(60ml/min) (Throttle body Spacer) and d03(370ml/min) to DO4(440m/min) after intercooler.. pump @ 200psi.

Any suggestions?

Not sure if DO nozzles flow exactly like the Snow nozzle I use. You can use either Snow or DO nozzles with your DO system, both are same 1/8 NPT thread.

DO seems to go from 60 and then next size is 350 or I am not reading their stuff correctly. Snow has the following.

(#1) 60 ml/min
(#2) 100 ml/min
(#3) 175 ml/min
(#4) 225 ml/min
(#5) 375 ml/min
(#6) 625 ml/min

Well I run a 100oct tune on a K04 and I run dual nozzles. 225 in TB plate and 225 right off intercooler. I am able to zero out timing.

If you are applying w/m to an existing 91 octane or 93 octane tune you will need quite a bit less but only logging will let you know for sure.

Start small with nozzles and work your way up as you log. Idea is to just zero out timing but no more than that or you get quench and loss of power.

Nezoid

Ready to race!
From what I remember on my tune.. I pull a lot of timing about 5ish K?? like -5 or so. The temp was a good 90 degrees so I'm sure it had something to do with it.. I really should do some logs with this cool weather.

I'm not sure how aggressive the 100 octane tune is to my f23 tune.. but I do know that with what I have timing pull and all.. I hoping I can use the 370ml/min nozzle in the spacer just to be safer.. But I feel that is still too much...

Will have to do logs before and after to be sure..

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic

Now to the questions....

Any suggestions?

You can use either Snow or DO nozzles with your DO system, both are same 1/8 NPT thread.

Well I run a 100oct tune on a K04 and I run dual Snow nozzles. 225 in TB plate and 225 right off intercooler. I am able to zero out timing. According to Snow my pump shipped set at 220. By looking at the chart you can see that flow for each nozzle at 220psi would be around 425 each. So knowing pump pressure setting can help in nozzle selection.

If you are applying w/m to an existing 91 octane or 93 octane tune you will need quite a bit less but only logging will let you know for sure.

Start small with nozzles and work your way up as you log. Idea is to just zero out timing but no more than that or you get quench and loss of power.

This is a chart I used a while back, created by a Vortex memeber that did flow testing on a sample of nozzles. It helped quite a bit but I can't vouch for any scientific accuracy but you can look the whole post up and see how he did his testing if you are interested. LINK

riceburner

Autocross Champion
http://www.burgertuning.com/meth.html

Has anyone here looked into this kit?
Selecting my own options:
1 gallon tank (clear/white) - $20.00

DUAL CM5 (Includes Tee Fitting)
Super Atomizing Methanol Injector Nozzle $80.00

FSB Controller -$150.00

Replacement WMI Solenoid w/ filter $60.00

Replacement WMI Pump $120.00

WMI Hose Per Foot $1.50

So like 450 maybe for the full kit? Not half bad..

GoodTimesIndeed

Go Kart Champion
http://www.burgertuning.com/meth.html

Has anyone here looked into this kit?
Selecting my own options:
1 gallon tank (clear/white) - $20.00

DUAL CM5 (Includes Tee Fitting)
Super Atomizing Methanol Injector Nozzle $80.00

FSB Controller -$150.00

Replacement WMI Solenoid w/ filter $60.00

Replacement WMI Pump $120.00

WMI Hose Per Foot $1.50

So like 450 maybe for the full kit? Not half bad..

For that price why not Snow or another brand? Personally, this to me looks pieced together. The FSB controller looks like "Fail Safe" controllers from other brands, not a controller. You would have no way to control or dial in your spray. Their just isn't enough info here, I would pass on this.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Yea true i did see I could pick up a pretty nice snow stg2 kit for around 500 with the extras and some juice. Think thats a good route? Oh plus a TB spacer plate

Nezoid

Ready to race!
Awesome info GIACUser.. much appreciated..

Anyone have any pointers in installing a throttle body spacer? I got the bolts off the throttle body.. which seemed more difficult than it should have.