GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified Flash Tunes Released for the MK6 GTI

jeez

Ready to race!
Back from the dead! Car's fixed from the accident. PCV didn't resolve the issue.

AP does not show a code when limp mode happens, but VAG-COM shows P1335. I've researched everything about it and possible causes are....

leak (intake, hoses/pipes, IC)
DV
throttle body
MAF
MAP
Tune

So I managed to get very specific as you see lol

Now the troubleshooting continues. Hopefully it's just a leak even tho 2 shops have told me no, I'm praying they're both blind otherwise I have no clue what causes it. Leak seems to be what fixed it for most people, but we'll see. I'll also do a TB align. I've changed the DV and the PCV, I do not think it's the MAP/MAF. Perhaps it's a leaky AWE TOP (have heard they were leaking at some point but the shop reassured me it's not the case) because the weird whooshing sound started happening bout a month after IC+TOP were installed. Or that's when I noticed it. However, the car would NOT go into limp mode then so I din't think much of it...oh well.

If anyone else is still experiencing this I'm all ears! And if I ever solve this I'll make sure to post it here.

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
Back from the dead! Car's fixed from the accident. PCV didn't resolve the issue.

AP does not show a code when limp mode happens, but VAG-COM shows P1335. I've researched everything about it and possible causes are....

Dang man I was hoping you'd solved it since you didn't post for a while.

Have you had them check for a exhaust manifold leak? I know it's not likely related but worth it to check. I'd image you'd hear it though.
I just had my gasket changed, had 3 broken studs was losing torque down low. Still have a whistling noise and running slightly rich unfortunately, ghost leak somewhere. Getting my own boost leak tester to pressurize my system to try and find it this weekend.

Last edited:

jeez

Ready to race!

/QUOTE]

Dang man I was hoping you'd solved it since you didn't post for a while.

Have you had them check for a exhaust manifold leak? I know it's not likely related but worth it to check. I'd image you'd hear it though.
I just had my gasket changed, had 3 broken studs was losing torque down low. Still have a whistling noise and running slightly rich unfortunately, ghost leak somewhere. Getting my own boost leak tester to pressurize my system to try and find it this weekend.

I have not, I just might now that you mentioned it.

So, what areas of the piping are the ones that could leak but would NOT show in a boost leak test? Would this be a vacuum leak? And is there a way of testing for that?

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
I have not, I just might now that you mentioned it.

So, what areas of the piping are the ones that could leak but would NOT show in a boost leak test? Would this be a vacuum leak? And is there a way of testing for that?

From my understanding it's a visual inspection, look for soot around exhaust manifold to engine connection. And check the turbo to downpipe connection for leaks as well. Look for soot/carbon around the connections. I doubt it's your issue since it normally presents a noise of some type, but it's a visual inspection so it can't hurt.

jeez

Ready to race!
From my understanding it's a visual inspection, look for soot around exhaust manifold to engine connection. And check the turbo to downpipe connection for leaks as well. Look for soot/carbon around the connections. I doubt it's your issue since it normally presents a noise of some type, but it's a visual inspection so it can't hurt.

Oh there is noise! whistling like a beach under power, otherwise it's quiet. Like I said it's not the DV or PCV, so it must be something in the pipes. I'm not sure if an exhaust leak would cause my issue. Perhaps it would because gasses are escaping before they reach the O2 sensor? I'm just making stuff up now...

HandicappedGTI

Ready to race!
Anyone here with a TBE billy boat exhaust running the crackle tune? I'm really liking this tune but can't seem to find any sound clips

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
Oh there is noise! whistling like a beach under power, otherwise it's quiet. Like I said it's not the DV or PCV, so it must be something in the pipes. I'm not sure if an exhaust leak would cause my issue. Perhaps it would because gasses are escaping before they reach the O2 sensor? I'm just making stuff up now...

Just go ahead and check. Mine was making a fizzling/whistling noise under load/boost, fizzle went away with stud/gasket replacement. Still haven't found the whistle. Got my boost leak tester yesterday, gonna pressurize the system later this evening.

If I can't find a vacuum/boost leak the car is going back to the shop since the gasket replacement has 2 year warranty.

What are your fuel trims like? Mine are rich, I'm guessing losing air somewhere between turbo and TB. I've had multiple shops say the same thing, that they cannot find a leak.

Noodle1

Ready to race!
So i have a "stage 2" stratified tune, if I throw on a ko4 will I need a new tune? Obviously i wouldn't expect any power gains and I plan on going to get my car dyno tuned later down the road, but i was wondering if it would be safe to run it on my current tune. I heard its okay to run a ko4 on apr stage 2 temporarily.

ksandman

Ready to race!
So i have a "stage 2" stratified tune, if I throw on a ko4 will I need a new tune? Obviously i wouldn't expect any power gains and I plan on going to get my car dyno tuned later down the road, but i was wondering if it would be safe to run it on my current tune. I heard its okay to run a ko4 on apr stage 2 temporarily.

I highly do not recommend this. You’d be safer on a completely factory tune and rolling with the k04 until you get tuned, rather than a stage 2 tune with a k04, but neither should really be done at all. Wait to install the turbo when you know you can get tuned for it. You probably wouldn’t blow up your motor if you stay out of Boost, but that doesn’t mean you won’t blow up your motor cause your air and fuel is wrong for the turbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I highly do not recommend this. You’d be safer on a completely factory tune and rolling with the k04 until you get tuned, rather than a stage 2 tune with a k04, but neither should really be done at all. Wait to install the turbo when you know you can get tuned for it. You probably wouldn’t blow up your motor if you stay out of Boost, but that doesn’t mean you won’t blow up your motor cause your air and fuel is wrong for the turbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

inclined to agree here.

kahugu.brian

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys. Has anyone received any updated tunes from stratified? Been waiting on a MAF calibration since July 30th and they aren’t responding to emails

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

smanierre

Autocross Champion
maybe they're taking the month of august off like most of europe does.
Aren't they Canadian? Unless Canada does that too :iono:

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
Idk, according to their IG they just moved shops sometime in the last few weeks.