GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How to install bluetooth module in my Golf MK6?

Mindraid

Hi
I have a Golf MK6 (2011). I do not know if I should have a bluetooth module installed in my car. If BT module should be under the seat or somewhere else, I dont know. Under the passenger seat, I can not see any loose cord that can be for BT. There is a tab in the carpet that you can fold up and there is contact, perhaps for BT.
I have tried to activate the BT from RCD510 setup but I did not succeed. I do not think I have a BT in my car but I want one. I can take pictures from the inside of the car if anyone is curious about what's under the passenger seat or whatever:)

* Where can I buy a BT module? (Which version? I use smartphones)
* Where to install a BT module in the car?
* Could there be a mic installed in the car already or do I need to get one? (IF, where?)
* What version of RCD510 should it be? (How do I check which version I have?)
* Is there a tutorial on how to install a BT module?

* Anything else I need to consider?

Please help me to get a BT that I can install in my car :)
Thanks for all you help!

/M (Sweden)

Carbon Steel

Go Kart Champion
Search youtube you will find the procedure.

Also check the electronics threads under private sales.

Mindraid

Search youtube you will find the procedure.

Also check the electronics threads under private sales.

Hi and thanks for your reply:)
I have seen some youtube clip but it does not tell me which version or type of the BT I should use. Neither does it say which version I should have on my RCD510.

Some installed their BT behind the RCD510 and some of them seem to install them under the seat. I would prefer under the seat but that is only possible if I already have the mic installed right?

Anyway I have found one ebay item but not sure if that is the right one and if that BT works with my version of the RCD510:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-9W7-Blu...Parts_Accessories&hash=item27da088c00&vxp=mtr

I read in this forum that if you hold the "Setup" button for about 10sec then you will get which version that your RCD510 is...but that does not work for me...it just goes to radio. What to do next?

I have to many questions...I know:)

/M

Carbon Steel

Go Kart Champion
Go to the electronics thread under private sales, read anything that barry (part) of his forum name has, i bought my 9W7 upgrade from him, he can answer your questions.

You might want to PM him

65Strad

Ready to race!
If I'm not mistaken and I understand your issue, Bluetooth is a standard feature in the 2011 GTI, I drive one. What I have experienced intermittently is that the PHONE menu sometimes unexpectedly isn't showing as an option to choose from when activating the MFI from one setting to another, ie, going from MFI TRIP COMPUTER back to PHONE. Phone would be missing from the menu, which in turn, would disable and would apparently "erase" PHONE from the menu choice.

If this is what you are referring to, my fix is/was:

1. To slide the passenger front seat all the way back (towards the back seat)

2. Under the front passenger seat is a gray Styrofoam squarish box held in place by Velcro on the carpet

3. Carefully lift the box, and underneath you will find a plastic clip thing with a wire connection to it.

4. Pull the white tab to release the plug that goes into the box. Reattach right after disconnecting. Restart your car and activate the MFI computer menu options. The PHONE option, and as a result, so should your Bluetooth should reappear.

I've dealt with this myself because of time constrictions, but I'll address it with the dealer before the warranty expires.

Mindraid

If I'm not mistaken and I understand your issue, Bluetooth is a standard feature in the 2011 GTI, I drive one. What I have experienced intermittently is that the PHONE menu sometimes unexpectedly isn't showing as an option to choose from when activating the MFI from one setting to another, ie, going from MFI TRIP COMPUTER back to PHONE. Phone would be missing from the menu, which in turn, would disable and would apparently "erase" PHONE from the menu choice.

If this is what you are referring to, my fix is/was:

1. To slide the passenger front seat all the way back (towards the back seat)

2. Under the front passenger seat is a gray Styrofoam squarish box held in place by Velcro on the carpet

3. Carefully lift the box, and underneath you will find a plastic clip thing with a wire connection to it.

4. Pull the white tab to release the plug that goes into the box. Reattach right after disconnecting. Restart your car and activate the MFI computer menu options. The PHONE option, and as a result, so should your Bluetooth should reappear.

I've dealt with this myself because of time constrictions, but I'll address it with the dealer before the warranty expires.

Hi
I dont have a GTI just a normal Golf MK6 (2011).
Its really nothing under the passenger seat.
This is the only thing I found...a hole in the floor under the seat...maybe a place to connect the bluetooth?

/M