GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

midline to highline cecm swap

GTIMK6_

Ready to race!
So I know have LEDs without the highline cecm! A couple things to figure out still, they don't come on as DRLs. They only work with the low/high beams. Also, for whatever reason after the new coding my side markers are dimmer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woooohhhhoooooo! How did you do it man? Coding? We MUST see pictures or it didn't happen!

Brunkel

Go Kart Champion
Woooohhhhoooooo! How did you do it man? Coding? We MUST see pictures or it didn't happen!

I still have some final kinks to work out and then I'll do a full write up on the steps. You can barely tell b/c this was late at night but they are on!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428590160.323349.jpg

Brunkel

Go Kart Champion
It was my euroswitch!!!! I never installed the trigger wire before. I installed that tonight and can now get leds without low beams so they can serve as drls. It's not actually set as drls (can still mess more with the coding I think) but they function as them! So right now it runs as leds, side markers, tails, and license plate. I have the option of doing fogs with that too.

You can do this without the highline. It is possible!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430540124.347194.jpg

GTIMK6_

Ready to race!
It was my euroswitch!!!! I never installed the trigger wire before. I installed that tonight and can now get leds without low beams so they can serve as drls. It's not actually set as drls (can still mess more with the coding I think) but they function as them! So right now it runs as leds, side markers, tails, and license plate. I have the option of doing fogs with that too.

You can do this without the highline. It is possible!
View attachment 48550

Would you please post up a diy on how you managed to modify the harness and the coding?

p4kk0

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey I have been running the same setup for a long time with the Midline too. My LED's dim when I use the euroswitch for city lights. Your LED's do that too or they stay at the same brightness between DRL and city? I hope make question makes sense to you.

p4kk0

Passed Driver's Ed
OEM

Brunkel

Go Kart Champion

Ok cool. I don't know if mine dim or not but I do feel like they could be brighter. I still haven't gotten mine to work as official drls but just using the parking light function of the euro switch. So do yours actually work as drls? You get the green DRL notification light on the dash?

p4kk0

Passed Driver's Ed
Ok cool. I don't know if mine dim or not but I do feel like they could be brighter. I still haven't gotten mine to work as official drls but just using the parking light function of the euro switch. So do yours actually work as drls? You get the green DRL notification light on the dash?

Yes, mine work as DRL with notification on the dashboard. They are really bright that way. They dim I believe to 50% with Euroswitch on city lights. I have read that this is normal, but I wish they could stay at 100%.