GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI vs MINI S?

jaycheetwood

Go Kart Champion
You're trapping at only 95mph at 221whp? that doesn't sound right. You should be at over 100.

did you not read where I said stock tune. Now I can trap about ~102mph.

That was on 60whp less than what I have now I was trapping at 95mph.

Please re-read my post.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
did you not read where I said stock tune. Now I can trap about ~102mph.

That was on 60whp less than what I have now I was trapping at 95mph.

Please re-read my post.

Correct :laugh: I didn't read it right

Where are you at today? I cross shopped the cooper, only to be turned off due to exploding HPFP at around 50k miles that requires an engine rebuild, and lack of space, ended up with my TDI and it has an exploding HPFP :mad0259:

DRedman451

Go Kart Champion
I have an R56 MCS.. tuned, catless dp, intake, fmic, plus more..

I put down 221WHP/245WTQ and weighted in at 2660lbs with a full tank.

So I am not going to say who is going to win I am just giving you some numbers.

I ran 14.1@95MPH on Stock tune where I made 160WHP/172WTQ.

I can pull on Stage 2 GTi's fairly easily, and I seem to pull them harder above 100mph.

Sounds like a stage 2/2+ mkv fsi gti...they are not quite as quick as the tsi's the power to weight is pretty much identical between the two...minis are more fun to drive imo though...I personally just don't have the taste to drive one

DBGTI11

Ready to race!
i put my car in stock mode (spiking 10 lbs) and raced one of my other friends in his moms 2011 mini cooper s and we were dead even 20-70

that pretty embarassing and my car has a full fmic, intake and exhaust so even on stock mode its a little faster than a stock gti so dont under estimate those mini's

jaycheetwood

Go Kart Champion
Yeah a modded mini without a tune sadly doesnt gain much power. The tune really opens them up.

But yes I compare them to a stage 2 gti range.

For now ;)

jaycheetwood

Go Kart Champion
I was on the freeway the other night and came across a mk6 GTi in orange county. It was lowered and had an exhaust, couldnt tell you if it was tuned or not. But we were on the freeway admiring each others cars and such.

he gets into race mode and we drop down to about 60 mph (sweet spot for my 3rd gear) and go from a three honk. I seemed to instantly jump a car and slowly pulled to 120mph where I was about 3-4 cars on him.

Dont know his mods, didnt stop to talk to just parted our ways shortly after.

trd420

Go Kart Champion
I was on the freeway the other night and came across a mk6 GTi in orange county. It was lowered and had an exhaust, couldnt tell you if it was tuned or not. But we were on the freeway admiring each others cars and such.

he gets into race mode and we drop down to about 60 mph (sweet spot for my 3rd gear) and go from a three honk. I seemed to instantly jump a car and slowly pulled to 120mph where I was about 3-4 cars on him.

Have you ran a stage 2 GTI yet?

DBGTI11

Ready to race!

I would love to run you but your too far :(

jaycheetwood

Go Kart Champion
Have you ran a stage 2 GTI yet?

I have, I can pull a stage 2 gti generally speaking.. i would like to get some video runs in with a stage 2 for fun.

I know there is a k04 mkv gti in san diego that has talked about getting some vids but i know I will lose to a k04 for now.

I would love to run you but your too far :(

I would love too as well!

People move to so cal please haha.

trd420

Go Kart Champion
I have, I can pull a stage 2 gti generally speaking.. i would like to get some video runs in with a stage 2 for fun.

I know there is a k04 mkv gti in san diego that has talked about getting some vids but i know I will lose to a k04 for now.

I would love too as well!

People move to so cal please haha.

All be down in so cal in a few months all see if you want to run in then

DBGTI11

Ready to race!
Boosted_r56 Make an acceleration video, 20-100 or 40-100
I want to see how your car pulls in comparison to mine

jaycheetwood

Go Kart Champion
All be down in so cal in a few months all see if you want to run in then

Oh I am always down. Except by then I think I will be closer to 300whp.

Boosted_r56 Make an acceleration video, 20-100 or 40-100
I want to see how your car pulls in comparison to mine

I will do that next time i get down off this mountain.. right now I am at 6800FT so I lose some power up here and I am not supposed to run WOT long up here because of the tune I am running is a higher boost tune.

40-100 will be good puts me mid 2nd gear haha. top of 4th should put me around 105-110mph.