GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI vs MINI S?

trd420

Go Kart Champion
I won't have 300whp by then. But I will put in some 100oct just for you LOL :)

PS: what mods do you have done to your Cooper s or is it a jcw?

jaycheetwood

Go Kart Champion
I won't have 300whp by then. But I will put in some 100oct just for you LOL :)

PS: what mods do you have done to your Cooper s or is it a jcw?

Even on a 100oct you would have a hard time. 300whp and 2660lbs puts me in the low 12 high 11 range. ;)

Mine is just a Cooper S.

Mods:

Alta CAI
Alta FMIC
Alta turbo inlet
Alta hot side charge pipe
nm engineering throttle pipe
riss racing catless dp
RMW dyno tune
WMW DV

those are my engine upgrades.. then I have upgraded brakes, suspension, tires, etc..

in the coming months I am putting in forged pistons, cams, water/meth, and a k04S hybrid then will be dyno tuned again

Jcap287

Go Kart Champion
Even on a 100oct you would have a hard time. 300whp and 2660lbs puts me in the low 12 high 11 range. ;)

Mine is just a Cooper S.

Mods:

Alta CAI
Alta FMIC
Alta turbo inlet
riss racing catless dp
RMW dyno tune
WMW DV

those are my engine upgrades.. then I have upgraded brakes, suspension, tires, etc..

in the coming months I am putting in forged pistons, cams, water/meth, and a k04S hybrid then will be dyno tuned again

get a nm engineering torque mount its cheap mod makes a complete differrnce i had an r56 cooper s mods are in my sig

jaycheetwood

Go Kart Champion
get a nm engineering torque mount its cheap mod makes a complete differrnce i had an r56 cooper s mods are in my sig

Yeah I am ordering the BSH and NM mounts all around next week. Same with the rear sway I am in dire need.

Were you tuneD?

Jcap287

Go Kart Champion
Yeah I am ordering the BSH and NM mounts all around next week. Same with the rear sway I am in dire need.

Were you tuneD?
no i got a great deal on my car for a trade or else the atla ap wouldve been next ..... the 19mm3way adj sway was great set on middle setting was great for the street, but you might want a bigger one for the track. .......

sorry in advance im typing from my phone haha

jaycheetwood

Go Kart Champion
my r56 mini would eat my gti on a back road ...no offense to my gti i love it, but i did some crazy turns in my mini that i cant in my gti

Yeah the handling on the mini is amazing. I mean my GTi had H&R RSS Coils and Sways and I still feel like my mini on springs could out handle it.

Tuned the mini is a little monster that people just dont expect at all haha.

trd420

Go Kart Champion

Mine is just a Cooper S.

Mods:

Alta CAI
Alta FMIC
Alta turbo inlet
riss racing catless dp
RMW dyno tune
WMW DV

Is that like stage 3 in ALTA term's? and with 100oct i sould get about 270whp/300-310wtq on my stock turbo

jaycheetwood

Go Kart Champion
Is that like stage 3 in ALTA term's? and with 100oct i sould get about 270whp/300-310wtq on my stock turbo

Sorta.. but not really since I am not on a staged tune. I am on a 100% custom dyno tune.. something that really draws me to the mini over a canned tuned like you get with a GTi. No offense.

Alta actually stole their maps from Jan@RMW the guy who dyno tuned my mini.

270whp but ~3400lbs if I am correct.

I could toss on w/m and get retuned and make about 240-245whp/ 250-260wtq stock turbo.

trd420

Go Kart Champion
Sorta.. but not really since I am not on a staged tune. I am on a 100% custom dyno tune.. something that really draws me to the mini over a canned tuned like you get with a GTi. No offense.

Alta actually stole their maps from Jan@RMW the guy who dyno tuned my mini.

270whp but ~3400lbs if I am correct.

I could toss on w/m and get retuned and make about 240-245whp/ 250-260wtq stock turbo.

3,400lbs is for a Fully Loaded 4door dsg GTI. I have a base model 2dr 6-speed there Curb weight is only 2,900-3,000lbs max. and the gti CAN get a custom dyno tune it would be hella money and pointless tho :D

jaycheetwood

Go Kart Champion
3,400lbs is for a Fully Loaded 4door dsg GTI. I have a base model 2dr 6-speed there Curb weight is only 2,900-3,000lbs max. and the gti CAN get a custom dyno tune it would be hella money and pointless tho :D

Nice, everything I can see puts it at 3000-3250lbs which is lighter than I thought.

Dyno tunes arent as pointless as you think, I have seen MINIs go from a standard staged map to a dyno tune with no other mods and make almost 20-30whp more and 20-40wtq more.

Sucks they are expensive though, mine was like $500 + $100 for dyno time.

JDM713

Go Kart Champion
minis annoy me and I very much enjoy blasting them off the road whenever the chance arises :fighting0030:

jaycheetwood

Go Kart Champion
minis annoy me and I very much enjoy blasting them off the road whenever the chance arises :fighting0030:

hahahahahahahahahah probably the best thing I have read in this thread.

Sadly I would blast you off the road though.

Being you are close... I would put a grand cash on it.

JDM713

Go Kart Champion
hahahahahahahahahah probably the best thing I have read in this thread.

Sadly I would blast you off the road though.

Being you are close... I would put a grand cash on it.

lol yeah I wouldn't take that bet right now, my car is still in the early stages of modding and if I had a grand to spare it would be going into the car. If I had like another $ 3k or so put into it already it I'd be down...

jaycheetwood

Go Kart Champion
lol yeah I wouldn't take that bet right now, my car is still in the early stages of modding and if I had a grand to spare it would be going into the car. If I had like another $ 3k or so put into it already it I'd be down...

No worries I am giving you shit haha

To be 100% honest.. i hate 95% of minis on the road cause they are owned by stupid old people who believe modding is adding stickers when I am out trying to set HP records haha.

I was just giving you shit though. ;)