GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Subwoofer for the Dynaudio System

QuitersLOSE14

Ready to race!
I want more bass from my system (not too much, just a decent 10 inch subwoofer) but I don't know how to go about doing so while still keeping the stock head unit. Are there RCA outputs on this unit? Also I would like to avoid the typical speaker wire to RCA splice, hasn't been reliable when I've seen it used. What are my options?

FNR32

Ready to race!
You'd need a line out converter. Any Best Buy Mobile Installation Tech could do this without much issue. It's not a very hard job at all. As far as I understand, the line out converter is really the only way that you can keep the stock head unit.

MosDubVI

Passed Driver's Ed
I paired a 10" shallow mount sub with an uber-stealth box for my Dynaudio system. It was exactly what I wanted, nothing obnoxious but it hits pretty damn hard when I want it to.

My audio installer tapped into the rear speaker wires behind the head unit and it works great. There are no RCA outputs. Also, I was informed that no LOC was needed. With the Dynaudio, the signal from the headunit is preamp and can be sent directly to your sub amp.

rockman1

Nice, I've got an uber-stealth box coming! I'm going with a Kenwood KFC-XW100F 10" sub. I'm not sure which amp to go with just yet but I thought rather than tapping into the rear speakers behind the HU you could tap into the stock amp under the seat? You just need to catch the signal before it goes into the amp but you definitely want to use an LOC.

I'm paraphrasing what I read elsewhere but my understanding is the dynaudio amp biamplifies each speaker set (outputs vs 4) so the signal is crossed (actively) over in the amp. So, you definitely don't want to tap into the rear speakers but it might save having to route anything through the center dash.

I'm not sure where to tap into power since the the 12+ lead at the dynaudio amp might be undersized to run another amp. It might be best to run 8ga directly from the battery.

edit to add: just noticed this awesome thread which helps with the power question. http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11866

Last edited: