GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK6 R minimum ground clearance

rjbied

I believe the minimum ground clearance for a MK6 R is 5". Is this correct and what element of underbody determines the minimum clearance. I ask because my son (military) will have an OCONUS (outside of continental US) station and the minimum ground clearance allowed for transport is 6". Someone on another forum advised going to a VW dealer and inquiring about a set of shipping pucks used for transport of a new vehicle.

Any advice for increasing the ground clearance for use on rougher roads? Not looking to off-road, just increase the ground clearance a bit.

brobst

Go Kart Champion
I think the under diffuser will scrape first. With no mods, you will have better exhaust clearance, given stock height of course.
The min clearance is just during loading the vehicle right?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
I believe the minimum ground clearance for a MK6 R is 5". Is this correct and what element of underbody determines the minimum clearance. I ask because my son (military) will have an OCONUS (outside of continental US) station and the minimum ground clearance allowed for transport is 6". Someone on another forum advised going to a VW dealer and inquiring about a set of shipping pucks used for transport of a new vehicle.

Any advice for increasing the ground clearance for use on rougher roads? Not looking to off-road, just increase the ground clearance a bit.

H&R Tiguan lift springs. Increases ride height on my car by 2 inches.

rjbied

It was kind of a two part question. Minimum clearance for transport is 6", so maybe VW shipping pucks would do the trick.

If he also wants to increase ground clearance for driving on the local roads (Puerto Rico), what are the options?

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Lifting a Golf R probably hasn't been done. lol. I'd try the Tiguan springs like I suggested if he wants to do that.