GOLFMKV

Best reason to lower your car?

Mischievous M1

Ready to race!
Lower for a F off aggressive look

stevenchkim

Go Kart Champion

What part of China is that? ;)

As to the OP, I don't even think of lowering, tho I seriously covet the looks, b/c in the 7 months I had the car, I've scraped like 5 times going in and out of parking lots at stock height, and destroyed a tire and bent a rim on a pothole, in LA. I don't know how people do it...

Marvin

Ready to race!
Why do peeps want to make their nice cars look like dodgem car?

GTAye1

Ready to race!
not bad, china!

Gosh.. Not every Asian is a Chinese... :bellyroll:

Back to thread: Japan has very nice roads so I am pretty sure a low DD would work out in the end.

jp0319

Go Kart Champion
Looks (close the 4x4 esq fender gap), performance (cornering, areodynamics, etc). Those are the two reasons I lowered mine.

JP

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
Looks (close the 4x4 esq fender gap), performance (cornering, areodynamics, etc). Those are the two reasons I lowered mine.

JP

Sorry to call you on this but I hate the term 4x4 fender gap.
Yes, I know it is often used jokingly but not always.
4x4?
You've got a compact car with 18" wheels clad in bologna skins - stock.
the fender gap isn't remotely 4x4 like.
It's called suspension travel.
That feature that allows your wheel to rise into the cars fender and absorb impact.
As far as cornering and areodynimics go - well...
Maybe.
Maybe if you ran both cars isde by side under controlled conditions (track) with the same driver, the lowered car may net some marginal performance advantage.
On the street?
I'd be willing to bet that if you ran the cars on anything but pool table smooth roads, that the stock car would do better.

Last edited:

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
Sorry to call you on this but I hate the term 4x4 fender gap.
Yes, I know it is often used jokingly but not always.
4x4?
You've got a compact car with 18" wheels clad in bologna skins - stock.
the fender gap isn't remotely 4x4 like.
It's called suspension travel.
That feature that allows your wheel to rise into the cars fender and absorb impact.
As far as cornering and areodynimics go - well...
Maybe.
Maybe if you ran both cars isde by side under controlled conditions (track) with the same driver, the lowered car may net some marginal performance advantage.
On the street?
I'd be willing to bet that if you ran the cars on anything but pool table smooth roads, that the stock car would do better.

Seriously, not many cars come this low from factory, many people ask me if my car was lowered vecause if the small fender gap.

Sent from my iPhone with typos.