GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

WHAT COMES AFTER A GTI ?

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Mazda 3? Not even comparable cars. I owned a first gen Mazda 3 and loved it but the GTI shits on it in every imaginable category.

No way it does on a SPEED 3. Especially the first gen I believe it was. Those things had POWA. I'm talking like 13.8 1/4 stock. GTI doesn't get anywhere close to that, lol. Barely gets there with Stg2.

CaNANDian

Ready to race!
Porsche GT3 lol

or Boxster

Last edited:

Muratti

Ready to race!
S4 if you are getting into forties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chilipepper

Ready to race!
I already have plans to buy a 2019 miata at end of year with heavy incentives. Just like I did with my 13 gti. I figure there will be a mid cycle styling upgrade to keep it fresh. Get a sport model in the 21k-22k range with zero % financing.

I'll have about 35k miles on my gti by then, hope to get a decent trade in value and not have to put out too much money.

Then keep the miata for about 10 years. At least.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I may just go more "practical" and get either a SUV or a truck. I dunno. Its a tough decision.

I dont really have any plans for buying a car anytime soon but yeah.

sauceman101

Ready to race!
For me 2020 is probably when I'll get another four wheel toy, my beater is reliable, the GTI should go to 200k without a fuss.

Right now I'm looking to change up the two wheel toy, currently have an '08 Triumph Daytona 675 that was great for the first 3000 miles I owned it, and nothing but headaches in the 21 months since then. Looking at Ducati's and YZF-09s now =]

That being said when I do make the next move, 03-04 mustang cobra is on the top of the list or an 11-12 boss 302, lightly use focus RS would be second on the list, lightly used s2k third, fourth place is a tie between C6 vette, 911, or cayman.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
For me 2020 is probably when I'll get another four wheel toy, my beater is reliable, the GTI should go to 200k without a fuss.

Right now I'm looking to change up the two wheel toy, currently have an '08 Triumph Daytona 675 that was great for the first 3000 miles I owned it, and nothing but headaches in the 21 months since then. Looking at Ducati's and YZF-09s now =]

That being said when I do make the next move, 03-04 mustang cobra is on the top of the list or an 11-12 boss 302, lightly use focus RS would be second on the list, lightly used s2k third, fourth place is a tie between C6 vette, 911, or cayman.

What happened with the Daytona 675? Ive been looking into them recently

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Been contemplating this myself as I've had my 2012 GTI for over 4 years now (my longest running vehicle purchase EVER! Been debating on an S4 or a S5 but the GTI is just so damn practical AND fun especially tuned.

If you are not tuned go get the new APR upgrade and it will blow your mind from stock. This car with a tune, modest suspension lowering, some lightweight wheels and good tires is a BLAST and can't be beat for the price. Still wish I got leather but ohh well..

CarniifeX

Go Kart Champion
FWD GTI ---> AWD Audi ---> Flat 6 Porsche. That's the recipe. Though, may squeeze in an R after my GTI and before the Audi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
I might wait for mk8 Gti
Since I've owned mk2 currently own mk4 and mk6
2,4,6,8!

Sent from my dumb phone using Tapatalk

^ same here, except I had a couple of mk1's as well.