GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Presents the 2.0 TSI ECU Update (Version 2.0!)

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Damn, I got excited when I saw the thread bump multiple times... back to waiting impatiently for the 2.4 final version................................

zrickety

The Fixer
Just ask for an older version, I'm quite happy with both my stage 1 and k04 cars.

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
APR doesn't care about the mk6. We wont get anything beyond v2.4 even if DSG's aren't fixed.

That is just plain wrong. They know that the mk6 platform's market has some of the best profit potential right now.
It's completely in the used market, but still fairly new. And it's quite a cheap option to a decent platform. There is still plenty of money to be made.
But yes, they do have other priorities because they need to keep up with competition in regards to new products and platforms. Just be patient.

urbanevil

Ready to race!
That is just plain wrong. They know that the mk6 platform's market has some of the best profit potential right now.
It's completely in the used market, but still fairly new. And it's quite a cheap option to a decent platform. There is still plenty of money to be made.
But yes, they do have other priorities because they need to keep up with competition in regards to new products and platforms. Just be patient.
Then you would think they would respond at some point lol..

I have no dog in the race tho

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
Then you would think they would respond at some point lol..

I have no dog in the race tho

I mean there's not really a point to post. People would ask a million questions if they did.
If you want information from them, contact them directly.

carrquik77

Passed Driver's Ed
It is fairly noticeably weaker, but the smoothness trumps the power for me. I'm tired of being jerked around by APR's 2.0. This is all in the interim for me though, until I get my F23 installed and protuned.

Maybe you need to start a Cobb thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carrquik77

Passed Driver's Ed
I have all of these same problems, im running a stage 2 tune with no lift shift. I didn't have any of these problems on version 2.0, when i re flashed to version 2.1 all of these problems came up.

I was ragged on by another for commenting on posts from eight months ago, but an intelligent person would understand why I'm asking/commenting on some of these posts. Obviously I wanted to see what issues surfaced from this tune before I just ran out an did it. I have a 6mt (stage 3) and finally did the 2.v update from APR. The first thing I noticed was the weird idle warm up even after the car had only been setting for 1 hour. Not a dig deal. It seem less jerky in first gear than the previous tune?. When I first left my dealer I noticed the 2nd to 3rd "bog" for no reason. I did a forth gear pull from 50 mph to redline and I could hear some tiny bits of sputter. Fuel was 101 and 91 running the 93 MAP. Maybe that's why. With all this said it was directly after the tune and I have to drive 1.45 hours to get the tune. Today I will have a fresh start after the car has been setting for 12 hours. Will post again with updates.

carrquik77

Passed Driver's Ed
https://vimeo.com/192617841

So this was my cold start up next after tune v2. 6mt. Idle does jump higher than previous tune but the biggest change I noticed is the throaty exhaust note is gone when warming up. Almost like there is a flapper delete or turbo exhaust delete file being used..? Seems pretty normal though.

gtboost

Drag Racing Champion
I was ragged on by another for commenting on posts from eight months ago, but an intelligent person would understand why I'm asking/commenting on some of these posts. Obviously I wanted to see what issues surfaced from this tune before I just ran out an did it. I have a 6mt (stage 3) and finally did the 2.v update from APR. The first thing I noticed was the weird idle warm up even after the car had only been setting for 1 hour. Not a dig deal. It seem less jerky in first gear than the previous tune?. When I first left my dealer I noticed the 2nd to 3rd "bog" for no reason. I did a forth gear pull from 50 mph to redline and I could hear some tiny bits of sputter. Fuel was 101 and 91 running the 93 MAP. Maybe that's why. With all this said it was directly after the tune and I have to drive 1.45 hours to get the tune. Today I will have a fresh start after the car has been setting for 12 hours. Will post again with updates.

https://vimeo.com/192617841

So this was my cold start up next after tune v2. 6mt. Idle does jump higher than previous tune but the biggest change I noticed is the throaty exhaust note is gone when warming up. Almost like there is a flapper delete or turbo exhaust delete file being used..? Seems pretty normal though.

youre getting ragged on because this is info that has been discussed over and over. Your noted issues have been known for 6+ months. I don't believe any of the Beta releases have corrected this issue. Your options at this point are reverting back to v1.2 or submitting a ticket with APR.

JohnoBurr

Ready to race!
but an intelligent person would read the thread

FTFY. Good luck getting responses for those 8 month old posts. TL;DR: the tune has problems major enough to get me to switch tuners. APR has all these promising betas that they never actually release to everyone. Supposedly they're working on releasing 2.4, but they take so long that I decided I wasn't going to wait any longer. Getting a protune through Cobb's AcessPort is the way to go.

Dans GTI

Ready to race!
Why rag on him? If hes having problems he can share about them, the more people that share the better, not everyone has the free time to go through 2300 posts to see if someone else posted about the same problems.